Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 25 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
About the role
As komoot’s next Senior Backend Engineer, you join a highly-motivated team of tech enthusiasts. We are focused on impact, that’s why we love to find simple and smart solutions to complex problems and embrace modern technologies to face our tough challenges. Join us if you live and love infrastructure as code, automating workflows, x10 scaling challenges, and building resilient, self-healing micro-services.
What you will do
- Implement new product features closely with client developers, designers, copywriters, quality assurance, data scientists, and product managers
- Keep our system state-of-the-art and resilient for our fast-growing traffic
- Develop end-to-end solutions including concept, road map planning, implementation, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Build new microservices with Kotlin and AWS, and improve existing ones
- Work on high-traffic online services (like REST APIs) and offline workers for data crunching