Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine's largest network in the United States, there's an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don't take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
We put mobile first. We have built and maintain multiple fully-native Android and iOS apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care. Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
Our primary Android app uses Clean Architecture, written 100% in Kotlin. It utilizes a modular reactive architecture, which has drastically decreased feature development time and has made the development process much more pleasant. Click here to get more information about our stack on each platform.
We are looking for a talented Android Software Engineer to join our team of 10 Android engineers. Doximity is based in San Francisco, CA, but our entire Android team is remote! We embrace remote work life, using industry standard tools to collaborate.
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
- Knowledge of Kotlin and have experience building Android apps
- Some experience with Clean Architecture is preferred
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Android development using the Android SDK
- You stay up-to-date with latest patterns and libraries from the Android community
- You have some experience with testing on Android
- You possess an understanding of design patterns and with an eye for detecting their use case in the code
- Experience with async patterns, and network communication
- You are able to self-manage and have impeccable follow-through
- You are an clear communicator able to get your point across concisely and cohesively
- You have the desire to teach others how to excel as software engineers
How You'll Make an Impact
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
- You'll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code
- You'll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews
- You'll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs