We are an international team working on an innovative SaaS product that will disrupt its niche. We're looking for senior Node.js developers who will help us build a cutting-edge backend for the product, while smartly avoiding creating lots of technical debt.
You will be an independent contractor and this is a fully remote, full time job. Start time would be as soon as possible.
- Proficient in TypeScript
- Experience with relational databases and ORMs
- Experience with NestJS or similar web frameworks
- Ability to autonomously create elegant, maintainable, smart code
- At least 3-4 hours of work time overlap with UTC-3, available for team meetings around 13:00 UTC+2 hours
- 40 hours of weekly work time availability (Full Time Position)
- Fluent in English for daily standup calls
Nice to have:
- Experience with TypeORM is welcome
- Experience with building and/or maintaining complex REST APIs
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, understanding mocks, stubs, spies, etc.
- We are using AWS, understanding AWS is welcome
- Understanding of storage solutions: in-memory DBs, Big Data, etc.
- Building internal REST APIs for web services
- Taking ownership and take tasks from feature requirements to release
- Using JIRA for task tracking and GitLab
- Documenting the codebase with descriptive comments and possibly articles
- Daily video calls for standup and when collaborating or problem solving
We believe you will be successful in this role if you have these qualities:
- Result oriented
- Self-motivated professional
- Collaboration is key, be proactive, ask questions
- Care about the success of your team members, be a team player
- Continuously looking at how we can improve our stack and development environment
- Dedicated to maintaining current best practices