The Action Network is an exciting sports media start-up that builds products and creates content to inform and entertain the sports bettor. The sports betting and fantasy sports space is massive ($170bn in the US), growing and underserved from a product and content perspective, and we have the talent, domain expertise and passion to win the space.
We are looking for a Database Administrator that will take ownership of database performance, query optimization, health checks, tuning, and troubleshooting. The databases that will be supported include Postgres (Aurora), MSSQL, and Redis. The candidate will get an opportunity to proactively identify areas for improvement and areas of risk.
A few examples of development technologies we work with daily include Node, Postgres, Linux, C# .NET, and Windows.
- Maintaining and enhancing our AWS cloud environment such as monitoring, optimization, automation, data maintenance, and security tooling
- Work in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal and cost-efficient cloud-based configurations for the company
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated documentation and training as required
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel
- On-call availability where required to keep the cloud infrastructure running smoothly
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across infrastructure and application domains
- Work independently when required, communicating regularly with stakeholders on solution implementation
- Be a proactive stakeholder in product quality
- Ability to analyze and prioritize incidents and determine root cause and thereafter effect resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills and a strong customer focus
- MINIMUM of 4 years of recent experience in as a PostgreSQL DBA Database Administrator, not just 4 or more years of touching PostgreSQL, but 4 years of working on it
- PostgreSQL versions 9.3 to 12
- MongoDB experience
- Redis experience
- Partitioning and Sharding Expertise
- Maintenance Configurations
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrades and Patches
- Index Design and Optimization
- Ad hoc Index Maintenance
- Object Creation and Management
- User and Role Management
- Performance tuning, query analyzation
- Able to troubleshoot problems with little or no assistance
- Providing configuration, monitoring and on-call support for development, test, and production environments
- Able to assist clients with PostgreSQL issues on the phone and via screen sharing software on the spot
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect
- Cloud Security Certification (Other cloud-related certifications also a plus.)
- 1+ years of Kafka solution design and implementation
The company offers a competitive health insurance package with great benefits, including unlimited vacation and a competitive 401k Plan. The benefits plan presently includes Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, Supplemental life insurance and Long / Short-term disability coverage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the community