Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our engineers make high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you seek to make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value driven company in a high growth environment? Our engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and Support teams. As an Engineering Manager at Favor, you will be responsible for a team of engineers building applications, services, and cloud infrastructure for our product portfolio across multiple platforms, including microservices, web, iOS, and Android. You will work closely with engineering and product leadership to instill a culture of quality and iterative development across all engineering disciplines and increase the quality, confidence, and reliability of everything we build.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need engineers like you to help us achieve our mission of ‘Anything Delivered’!
- Manage a team of individual contributors including responsibility for 1:1s, giving regular feedback, performance management and career development conversations.
- Understand the fundamentals of the business to ensure the technical roadmap aligns with the business opportunities.
- Facilitate goal-level creation for the broader function and works with other managers to support setting of team level goals.
- Identify and implement enhancements to standards, processes, and tools.
- Evaluate new technology solutions and partnerships to accelerate the engineering and product organization.
- Collaborate closely with product management and engineering as equal stakeholders in the product development process.
- Participate in architectural design and coordinate with other software engineering managers as needed for a consistent approach within the suite of applications.
- Consistently strive to improve collaboration and communications.
- Partner with leaders to identify and plan capabilities required to meet customer needs.
- Empower teams to deliver their very best.
Skills & Qualifications
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience.
- 4+ years of experience as an individual contributor in an engineering role.
- 2+ years of experience leading high performance engineering teams.
- Experience mentoring, motivating, and leading a team through successful software projects.
- Experience setting business expectations and scope as well as providing technology recommendations.
- Experience in both a high-growth startup and growing medium sized company is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience as an individual contributor developing native applications.
- Experience managing mobile release pipelines extending across multiple teams
- Strong understanding of challenges that come with supporting mobile applications at scale, including but not limited to advancements in automation, unit testing, component architecture, release workflows, app performance, shared libraries, localization, accessibility, modular architecture, and dependency injection.
- Have a passion for mentorship, guidance, and direct person to person interactions that create strong bonds among teams and individuals.
- Care deeply about people and helping them become their best selves.
- Appreciate simple design.
- Love to write clean, well-tested code - coding is not required in this role but there will be opportunities to get your hands dirty if desired.
- Like working with other engineers in a collaborative and iterative environment.
- Love to learn and teach equally well and possess a growth mindset.
- Communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Participate actively in the local development and open source communities.
- Experience working with public cloud providers and cloud native application development.
Life at Favor
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.