Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our engineers make high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you get a thrill when you make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value driven company in a high growth environment? Our engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and support teams. As a Senior Software Engineer at Favor you will be responsible for all phases of development, testing, and deployment of our backend services, databases, and data warehouse. You will work closely with our product and operations teams to understand customer needs, build simple solutions to complex problems, and deliver delightful experiences to all our users.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need engineers like you to help us achieve our mission of ‘Anything Delivered’!
- Assists in research and fact finding to develop or modify applications
- Fixes bugs and performs updates to the code base while working closely with senior engineers
- Participate in the planning and execution of development projects
- Partner with multi-disciplinary technology teams to integrate solutions
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 - 8 years of software engineering experience
- Can design and build technical solutions without direct oversight
- Knowledge of coding patterns and their applicable uses to write performant, testable code
- Utilizes data structures and algorithms to solve problems
- Ability to write tests that cover most common use cases and code paths
- Able to use design patterns to design efficient, maintainable, and scalable features
- Has had experience developing solutions within a system architecture such as SOA, Event-driven, or n-tier
- Can read through code and identify areas that may lead to bugs
- Can make updates to existing APIs by adding endpoints, changing responses, and handling errors
- Identifies and communicates potential issues early and significantly contributes to team discussions
- Appreciate simple design
- Love to write clean, well tested code - test first or TDD approaches a plus
- Like working with other engineers in a collaborative and iterative environment
- Have experience in a high-growth startup
- Communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Have experience or familiarity with one or more of the following technologies: Java, Scala, Kotlin, MySQL, Postgres, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, Elasticsearch, JUnit, Jenkins
Life at Favor:
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.