Turing is the career platform for 1.1M+ engineers around the world. Our mission is to unleash the world’s untapped human potential. We use machine learning and automation to source and match exceptional software engineers from around the world to top U.S. and Silicon Valley companies for remote developer positions.
We’re headquartered in Palo Alto, California and are a remote first company with 500+ strong team members.
- We have raised a total of $140 Million at a $1.1B valuation.
- We have grown > 10x in the last year.
- Turing has been featured in America's best startup employers by Forbes, 2021 and in Top 10 most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company, 2021.
- Turing’s customers include Microsoft, Twitter, Airbnb, Lyft, PayPal, and hundreds of other Fortune 500 companies and fast-growing startups.
Turing is looking for an experienced Pre-Sales Cloud Solution Architect (Microsoft Azure-focused) who will be responsible for leading customer pre-sales opportunities, articulating business and technical strategies, and designing and assuring complex, high-level solutions for corporate and public sector customer organizations.
The Pre-Sales Cloud Solution Architect will be an integral member of the Turing Enterprise Sales process, and will be central in defining compelling technology and services solutions, and providing thought leadership for peers, customers and partners. This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. The Pre-Sales Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for partnering with Enterprise Account Executives to dive deep into a customer’s business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes.
- As a key member of the Presales team, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or otherwise migrating applications, software, and services on the Azure platform
- Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on Azure while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers’ organizations to enable them to be cloud advocates
This is a customer facing role. You are required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed to sell and deliver professional services.
- Prior experience working with/for Microsoft Partners in a pre-sales/consulting role
- Advanced knowledge of Azure Cloud Services
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on Azure
- Experience with the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework (or similar methodologies) and have implemented large enterprise Azure solutions
- Understanding of multi-Cloud based designs
- 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, applications, and networking
- 7+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required, commensurate with modern certifications Azure, Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Customer facing skills to represent Turing well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Very strong technical skills and familiarity with the following infrastructure concepts:
- Azure - IaaS, SaaS and PaaS & Products across Compute, Containers, Storage, Application Integration, Cost Optimization, Database, Analytics, Network & Content Delivery
- Azure: Cloud Governance, Cloud Identity and Security, Cloud Networking, Cloud Operations and Migrations
- Familiar with Azure DevOps concepts
- Highly proficient with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible etc.
- Understanding of Microservices architectural style and design principles
- Configuration management using Google Cloud Deployment Manager, Chef & Puppet
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom .NET applications.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Executives, IT Management, developers and business leaders
- Proven Solution / Enterprise Architecture expertise, designing and delivering multi-million dollar Digital Transformation / Enterprise Application solutions
- Proven experience leading RFI, RFP or bid responses, delivering engaging bid collateral.
- Experience providing qualification of solutions, technical assurance / governance for engagements
- Strong commercial skills, providing input into business cases, solution costings etc.
- Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
- Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
- Self-sufficiency in leading pre-sales activities aiming to close sales opportunities
- Self-sufficiency in identifying, maturing and Cloud closing sales opportunities
- Implementation planning and delivery for Proof Of Concepts (POC), Migration Services & Deployment Services
- Training planning and delivery
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
Nice to have
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
Advantages of joining Turing:
- Amazing work culture (Super collaborative & supportive work environment; 5 days a week)
- Awesome colleagues (Surround yourself with top talent from Meta, Google, LinkedIn etc. as well as people with deep startup experience)
- Competitive compensation with great tax benefits
- Expect fast career growth (High growth unicorn firm)
- Flexible work timings
- Full-time remote opportunity
Turing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For applicants from the European Union, please review Turing's GDPR notice here.