Turing is the career platform for 1.1M+ engineers around the world. Our mission is to unleash the world’s untapped human potential. We use machine learning and automation to source and match exceptional software engineers from around the world to top U.S. and Silicon Valley companies for remote developer positions.
We’re headquartered in Palo Alto, California and are a remote first company with 500+ strong team members.
- We have raised a total of $140 Million at a $1.1B valuation.
- We have grown > 10x in the last year.
- Turing has been featured in America's best startup employers by Forbes, 2021 and in Top 10 most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company, 2021.
- Turing’s customers include Microsoft, Twitter, Airbnb, Lyft, PayPal, and hundreds of other Fortune 500 companies and fast-growing startups.
This is a fully remote role. You’ll be working closely with our leadership team in Palo Alto, California. This is a highly atypical Growth leadership role (and different from over 95% of growth marketing roles) since we require very high quantitative/data analysis skill in addition to past experience with growth marketing. Prior experience with some of the following would be very interesting to us: ads/performance marketing, SEO/SEM, Large scale Email marketing, data scraping/data operations
This is a very high impact role for Turing and our compensation will beat the market.
- Relevant Experience
- 7+ years of prior Growth Marketing leadership.
- Prior experience with some of the following: ads/performance marketing, SEO/SEM, Large scale Email marketing, data scraping/data operations.
- 2+ years of expertise with data science/quantitative analysis.
- Engineering/STEM degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Prior experience as a startup founder is a plus.
- Drive key metrics by ruthlessly focusing on high-ROI opportunities. The leader must have a proven record of creating sensible KPIs rather than just following industry best practices, many of which don't neatly apply when in an uncharted territory of innovation.
- Very High on data analytics capability. Should understand things like statistical significance in an applied setting very well. Should be able to operate with messy data, create working hypotheses, test on modest budgets and iterate fast.
- Basic Machine Learning knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding how ad exchanges work is a plus. Specifically, knowing what they try to optimize and having some rough understanding of click prediction algorithms and RoAS optimization algorithms used in ad exchanges, even if this person has come nowhere close to implementing it. Should know enough ML to understand what an ad exchange could possibly learn from data regarding your audience and what is unlikely/impossible.
- Understanding the mathematical underpinnings of web search ranking, TF-IDF, pagerank is a plus.
- Product Management:
- Excellent product management skills. Having the first principle thinking needed to drive very high product and business value and not merely generating activity.
- Excellent business and product sense.
- Strong UIUX sense in terms of both basic aesthetics and sense of what will convert. Ability to work with designers and engineers to turn it into reality.
- Excellent English copywriting and having a very strong sense of what will deliver the most effective message in the shortest time and show best conversion results.
- Has enough software/CS knowledge to collaborate effectively with software engineers. Should have enough engineering knowledge to serve as a product manager working with engineers to do ad integrations, to make sure data attributions are high quality, to make sure the right data is logged, to understand what might go wrong with some method of logging, what might be technical issues with an ad integration that could hurt ad performance etc. Should also have enough engineering and practical software development knowledge to know what is a low effort high expected ROI experiment etc. and what has a lousy ratio.
- Past experience with software development is a plus.
- Growth/SEO/Performance Marketing specific experience/expertise (should meet at least some of the criteria on this list):
- Should hold important contrarian and correct views in growth marketing. Should have leveraged these insights to significantly drive growth metrics in green field/blue ocean channels with CAC << LTV.
- Should be very social and follow up with many other marketers and others to brainstorm what ideas might work etc. Much like how entrepreneurs fine tune ideas. This is vital to have an effective top of the funnel for good ideas.
- Expertise with owning large scale Email Marketing in a startup (directly responsible for sending more than 10 Million emails in a startup) is a plus.
- Expertise with product funnel optimization is a must. The standards here are very high. Merely running a few A/B tests that do local optimization is very insufficient. This person should be able to think about maximizing yield at the bottom of the funnel among the leads that are important and will be a minority at the top of the funnel.
- Extensive experience with running ads across a bunch of platforms and having generated large ROI. Has preferably done this for a B2B setting where less than 1% of the US/world is a potential customer and effective micro targeting is key, compared to someone who has only done this for games where the addressable audience might be wider. Ideal if this person has a bunch of experience across FB, Quora, Linkedin, Google, Twitter and possibly even Taboola, Outbrain etc. That practically means that this person has been directly responsible for managing an ad budget of a minimum of $1,000,000 but ideally in the tens of millions of dollars.
- Expertise with realizing strong ROI from SEM and SEO.
- Has worked with engineers to do large scale data scraping, data crawling or other forms of lead gen that enabled successful direct outbound or helped identify audiences to target.
- Past experience doing affiliate marketing arbitrage and making money in the process is a plus (doing large scale conversions with CAC << LTV in some other business context is very interesting to us also).
- Good collaborator
- Be able to interface with Engineering, Design, Data Science, and Sales. Each team has a different personality. This QGL will need to clearly communicate priorities with stakeholders and set the right expectations while being fun to work with. Also be proactive with helping out other functions of the company
- Move fast and be comfortable breaking things
- Turing moves fast. Teams routinely launch big experiments that may break the funnel and KPIs. We expect everyone to launch ambitious experiments optimizing for long-term growth and be comfortable with things breaking in the short-term.
- People management
- Having the capability to build a highly performant growth team from scratch is a strong plus. This would include having the capability to source, screen, data analysts, copywriters and others and ensuring a high degree of productive output from them.
Advantages of joining Turing:
- Amazing work culture (Super collaborative & supportive work environment; 5 days a week)
- Awesome colleagues (Surround yourself with top talent from Meta, Google, LinkedIn etc. as well as people with deep startup experience)
- Competitive compensation with great tax benefits
- Expect fast career growth (High growth unicorn firm)
- Flexible work timings
- Full-time remote opportunity
Turing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For applicants from the European Union, please review Turing's GDPR notice here.