We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people, instead of treating people like a product. Where our interactions are based on consent, privacy, and people freely associating with one another. Where communities can flourish and individuals can pursue their dreams. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 more accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a blockchain wallet and a gateway to the entire decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, survive from economic turmoil, and more use cases than we can even predict. We exist across multiple platforms (browser extension and mobile), and we serve the whole decentralized ecosystem.
About the role
MetaMask is looking for a Product Analyst to join our team. As web3 use cases increasingly diversify and our users themselves become increasingly diverse, we need a Product Analyst who can help us research and understand usage trends within the product.
You will wear many hats, contribute to many projects, and adapt to the needs of a growing organization. Use web3 usage data to help us make great product decisions, understand how the ecosystem is changing, and how we ourselves need to improve.
What you’ll do
- Analysis and Research: Conduct analyses around how users are interacting with MetaMask. Categorize and tag web3 dapps, popular blockchains, and customer support requests.
- Create product / feature dashboards to continually improve MetaMask’s products
- Shape strategy: Develop analysis on existing hypotheses and prospective activities. Identify product gaps and opportunities. Survey the market and identify trends. Conduct one-off analyses to inform decisions around product strategy, project prioritization, and product behavior.
- Evaluate MetaMask’s overall market position against competitors and their products
- Perform blockchain and wallet ecosystem research and create industry benchmarks and competitive analysis
- Work with MetaMask’s DevRel team to form and organize representative user groups and be a liaison to create better feedback loops
- Experiment with growth: working with product teams, formulate analytic frameworks that follow a privacy respecting methodology. Identify events we should measure,, scoring methodologies, data feeds for potential products, ideas for new functionality; coordinate with product teams on user testing and A/B experiments, and synthesize learnings to inform development.
Would be great if you checked these boxes
- Very strong understanding of diverse web3 use cases and dapps.
- Experienced user of MetaMask.
- Methodical prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Data-driven, user-focused, and analytical.
- 2-3+ years of supporting the software product development lifecycle.
- Passion for web3 and the MetaMask vision and mission;
- Experience with digital assets, stablecoins, NFTs, DAOs, blockchain gaming, and DeFi.
- Familiarity with processes (e.g. Agile, Scrum), and tools (e.g. Notion, Figma, GitHub, MixPanel).
- Excellent communication, relationship management and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial with a growth mindset; independently driven, constantly learning, always improving.
- Team player, inclusive leader, open to feedback, and transparent with intentions.
- Previous experience in remote or globally distributed teams
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.