Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts, and developers from companies such as T-Mobile, Mastercard, NHL, Coca-Cola, and Gap to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 150 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
To continue this growth, the North America Sales Team is looking for an experienced Strategic Sales Account Executive to generate and execute sales plans with both new and existing customers and work with strategic cloud partners to actively drives sales opportunities and meet revenue goals.
The team you will join is a group of curious, smart, motivated, and talented individuals who are driven by passion, technology, innovation, and success. Believers of the “all for one” mentality, we are friends and co-workers.
Location - This position is remote, and the preference is a location west of the Mississippi.
- Learn how to sell cool geospatial products that solve real challenges for companies like Ikea, Coke, Bain, GAP, and more!
- Develop a sales territory and drive opportunities via full sales cycles with new logos and existing accounts
- Build relationships with key strategic accounts and map prospect organizations to drive connections with multiple contacts focusing on key decision-makers
- Work and sell solutions with key strategic cloud partners, like Google Cloud, Amazon, Snowflake, and Databricks.
- Deliver results by exceeding the assigned quota on a quarterly basis
- Be successful when you are consistently beating your quota, building relationships with your contemporaries at our Strategic Cloud partners, landing awesome brands, and helping to deliver solutions that change lives
- Travel moderately (~50%) to meet prospects, attend events and build relationships
- 5+ year track record of success in selling SaaS products in a sales or business development capacity, preferably in the geospatial, data science, BI, and analytics space
- Experience achieving or exceeding quota in closing complex deals (>$100K ASP) and handling key accounts
- A consultative, solution-oriented sales approach
- An individual who is highly motivated and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience working and selling with strategic partners, preferably cloud-based (Google, AWS, Snowflake, or Databricks)
- A positive mindset and self-motivated
- Comes with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth
- Proactive, self-sufficient, and the type of person who looks for something before asking where it is- a real go-getter
- Curious, optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to succeed!
- 22 days of paid vacation days, 13 annual holidays, honor code approach to sick days
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Covered medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Pre-tax commuter benefit via WageWorks
- Pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Employer HSA contribution
- 401(k), with an annual match of up to $1000 (1-year vesting)
- Short and long-term disability
- CityBike Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- $3000 Employee Referral Bonus
- ClassPass allowance
- An annual paid trip to Europe for a Company event
- 16 weeks of covered primary caregiver and 20 days for the secondary caregiver leave
- Honeymoon Allowance
- LeaveMove-in/move-out days off allowance
- $600 annual education stipend
- Remote Work Flexible
- Remote Work Allowance
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work-oriented work environment
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).
Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers