About prePO 🔮
prePO is an upcoming decentralized trading platform allowing anyone to gain synthetic exposure to any pre-IPO company or pre-token crypto project.
Our mission is to democratize pre-public investing - transforming a world of financial exclusion into a world of permissionless access. 🌎
The Dream Team 💫
At prePO, we are building a fully-remote, globally-distributed dream team. Like a professional sports team, we want every player on the field to be a superstar in their position and play extremely effectively with others.
We are also backed by world-class investors ($3.2M in funding to date), including founders from Gnosis, 1inch, Illuvium, Alchemix, Zapper, and more!
Our Values 💝
At prePO, the following team values describe the people we want to work with (and the people you would want to work with too!):
- Autonomy: being proactive, resourceful, and making decisions in prePO’s best interest
- Passion: working with enthusiasm and positivity, and being personally motivated by prePO’s mission
- Radical Candor: sharing feedback directly and empathetically
- High Standards: setting and raising a high bar for yourself and others
- Acceleration: moving fast and speeding up our timeline
- Simplicity: seeking out the simplest solutions
- Incrementalism: delivering value via incremental iterations
- Focus: being laser-focused on high-priority, high-impact tasks that work us towards achieving prePO’s mission
- Results: valuing results achieved, rather than time or effort spent
- Innovation: embracing creativity, and leading the industry with forward-thinking ideas
- Unity: bonding, celebrating, and collaborating as a diverse and synergistic dream team
- Effective Altruism: a desire to do good in the most effective ways possible
The Role 💻
prePO is looking for a Smart Contract Engineer to take ownership over the development of novel DeFi-related smart contracts.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Drive high-level decisions about the prePO smart contract architecture
- Write well-documented, performant, clean, and re-usable Solidity code
- Collaborate with designers, frontenders, and other developers
- Work at a rapid pace with a large amount of ownership and autonomy
The ideal candidate will have solid smart contract proficiency, strong technical leadership, a keen understanding of financial concepts, and a consistent track record of solving critical engineering problems.
The Ideal Candidate 🏅
Our ideal candidate will:
- have 4+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- have 2+ years experience as Solidity Smart Contract Engineer
- have an advanced knowledge of Git, GitHub, TypeScript, Hardhat
- have significant experience writing comprehensive smart contract test suites
- have a strong working knowledge of Solidity design patterns and Solidity security best practices
- have significant experience collaborating within an engineering team and reviewing code
- have exceptional technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- have an in-depth knowledge of economics, finance, and the financial sector
- have an in-depth and up-to-date practical knowledge of the DeFi (and broader crypto) landscape
We are committed to fostering diversity and inclusiveness within our organization, and we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Note that we cannot offer visa sponsorships at this time.
Benefits & Perks 🎁
- Competitive pay + token allocation
- Fully-remote work with flexible working hours
- Work on the bleeding edge of DeFi and crypto
- Learn from other senior high-performing team members
- Team game nights + off-sites + sponsored conference trips
- Learning/development budget + subscriptions budget (Spotify/Audible/Discord)
- Team-exclusive prePO merch + team-exclusive prePO profile theme NFT
- Join a force for good - prePO has made a pledge to dedicate at least 2% of time, product, and profit towards charity
Our Hiring Process 📝
Our interview process takes place via Zoom and generally consists of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (20-30 minutes)
- Screen call with a team member (30 minutes)
- In-depth practical interview (45-60 minutes)
If you require any accommodations for the interview process, please let the recruiter know upon initial outreach and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
If you are hired, you will be working directly for the prePO DAO, with payments made monthly in USDC stablecoins.
We look forward to your application!