Bebop is a decentralized trading platform that aims to deliver a step-change user experience to trading on DeFi.
We believe that DeFi is the future of finance facilitating true innovation, economic freedom and ability to create the best financial products. At Bebop, we are on a mission to make superior trading products with efficient execution available to anyone. This means that we will only offer products and features that make sense. We will be driven by the best practices of user experience with user-centric design at the heart of everything we do, making products fun and easy to use. And we will work relentlessly and leverage our deepest expertise to bring the most efficient execution with transparent fees.
Bebop was born and incubated at Wintermute, one of the largest trading companies in crypto and a leading liquidity powerhouse in DeFi.
Learn more about bebop at bebop.xyz, Twitter, Discord and Medium.
What will you work on
We are looking for a Graduate/Junior Software Developer in DeFi with strong fundamental background in coding and curiosity about DeFi, HFT, market making and crypto trading. At Bebop, you will have the opportunity to get a deeper understanding of how various DEX’s trade and be responsible for optimising the execution on those venues, whilst also getting advice and guidance from very experienced developers and traders, including the founders/management team. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you’ll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals. It is up to you to make an impact. You will act like an owner and your incentives will be completely aligned with those of the company!
Hard skill requirements
- Familiar with at least two of the following programming languages (in Python, Rust, Java, C++)
- Curiosity in the DeFi space proven by doing extra-curricular project/work/research in this space (CeFi trading does not count!)
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Understanding concepts of asynchronous IO
- Familiarity with Linux/git
- Trading knowledge isn’t required but willingness and curiosity to learn algorithmic, high-frequency, quantitative, market making trading and blockchain fundamentals is crucial
- A unique opportunity to work on a startup from zero to one with all the impact of early employees, while having a reliable backing (financial, technological and business expertise) from one of the industry’s top players
- An amazing culture, defined as ambitious, knowledgeable and fun.
- Work flexibility: we have location preference for this candidate to be based in London (or willing to relocate to London)
- Codility - Python (or any OO language) + reasoning tests
- Take Home Case Study - DeFi related
- Interview with DeFi development team (with a written task included)
- Interview with other members of our DeFi team
- Interview with the Head of Talent or COO