Bebop is a decentralized trading platform that aims to deliver a step-change user experience to trading on DeFi.
We believe that DeFi is the future of finance facilitating true innovation, economic freedom and ability to create the best financial products. At Bebop, we are on a mission to make superior trading products with efficient execution available to anyone. This means that we will only offer products and features that make sense. We will be driven by the best practices of user experience with user-centric design at the heart of everything we do, making products fun and easy to use. And we will work relentlessly and leverage our deepest expertise to bring the most efficient execution with transparent fees.
Bebop was born and incubated at Wintermute, one of the largest trading companies in crypto and a leading liquidity powerhouse in DeFi.
Learn more about bebop at bebop.xyz, Twitter, Discord and Medium.
What will you work on
A great advantage of this position is that it is varied, and it is also up to you to shape it in the direction that matches your talents and company needs. Projects may include connecting to a new DeFi protocol or new blockchain (e.g. Solana), designing and building a new smart contract, owning development for a specific protocol or DEX exchange and liaising with traders to maximize return on capital and maintain our competitive edge. You will be tracking all major developments for the particular chains, assessing and executing trading opportunities, generating insights, prioritizing them and building a solution from scratch. We will share more technical details in the interviews. The point is: there is no limit set by the company!
Hard skill requirements
- Deep understanding of data types and algorithms - we will test!
- Understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, Ethereum and decentralized protocols,
- Knowledge of other chains (Solana, Polkadot) is an advantage
- Programming fundamentals (in C++, C#, Java, OOP)
- Blockchain fundamentals (consensus, nodes, miners, forks, transactions, web3)
- 2-3 years development on integrating/working on DeFi projects and protocols is an advantage, but if you are a self-taught genius or a DeFi enthusiast working on own projects, that may work too
- Trading knowledge isn’t required but willingness and curiosity to learn algorithmic, high-frequency, quantitative, market making trading is crucial
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- A unique opportunity to work on a startup from zero to one with all the impact of early employees, while having a reliable backing (financial, technological and business expertise) from one of the industry’s top players
- An amazing culture, defined as ambitious, knowledgeable and fun.
- Work flexibility: we have location preference for this candidate to be based in London (or willing to relocate to London)