Cere Network is the first blockchain-agnostic Decentralized Data Cloud (DDC) platform and protocol. The Cere DDC uniquely facilitates trustless cloud data operations and transactions for all Web3 applications, such as NFT platforms, metaverse worlds, and decentralized games. Cere is backed by the world’s largest institutions and projects, including Binance Labs, Republic Labs, and Polygon.
What do we look for?
We look for a few things across all hires we make at Cere, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our fast-paced work environment, where we default to quick iterations, critical thinking, and sound judgments because we play only to succeed. Second, we seek people with the desire to share their expertise and the capacity to extend their knowledge to drive innovation. Finally, we seek candidates who can commit to a greater goal; unite as a team to reach something no one could have done on their own.
About the Role:
As a Smart Contract Engineer at Cere, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting a distributed blockchain-based network. Your primary responsibility will be to analyze requirements, design smart contract solutions around a specific business model, and build a decentralized network.
You will also be expected to:
- Audit, test, and upgrade the current suite of Cere smart contracts
- Develop smart contracts in Solidity and Rust Ink!
- Design complex algorithms to facilitate trustless interactions between Data Cloud parties
- Research blockchain protocols, broaden the knowledge base and drive innovation
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience developing EVM smart contracts or Rust
- Familiarity with common smart contract vulnerabilities
- Experience with proxy patterns and gas optimisation concepts
- Familiarity with cryptography concepts
- Superior knowledge of blockchains networks like Ethereum and Polkadot
- Interest in Polkadot ecosystem
Nice to have:
- Experience with Rust Programming Language or ink!
- Experience with mathematical operations within the scope of smart contracts
- 1+ years experience with any Substrate based Network
- Understand complex cryptography concepts, like zk-SNARKs
You’ll be joining a fantastic multinational team that was gathered by Silicon Valley veterans with 50 years of experience from Amazon, Twitch, D-Link, and Bebo. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance. You will begin by learning from the experiences of our current team. Our Lead Engineers and HR managers will assist you with the onboarding process and work with you every step of the way.
Financial Employee Incentives:
With the CERE token fueling our ecosystem, team members will get multiple financial incentives along the way. Together as a team, we work for one goal: 100 million blockchain users.
Multinational, High-Performance Team:
Join a highly multi-cultural team that is based all over the world. We have offices in San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam, Berlin, and several locations in Asia.
Be flexible in your work:
Morning person? Or a night owl? At Cere you can plan your work accordingly. Take control over your agenda and plan your work around your life, not the other way around.
Highly Skilled Team:
Ever wondered what is it like to work with a team full of Silicon Valley veterans? At Cere you get the opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the industry. Whether that’s our crypto-savvy marketers, creative HR wizards, or amazing developers.
To perform at your highest level, you will need the right equipment. Cere has multiple policies to make your WFH office a paradise, or pimp up your desk in one of our offices. You decide.
In the ever-changing world that is blockchain, we need our employees to stay up-to-date with the latest developments. Cere helps you out with multiple deep dives, presentations, trips, and other events to increase your knowledge.