Lead Software Engineer
NEW YORK / LONDON / SINGAPORE / REMOTE /
Bebop is a decentralized trading platform that aims to deliver a step-change user experience to trading on DeFi.
We believe that DeFi is the future of finance facilitating true innovation, economic freedom and ability to create the best financial products. At Bebop, we are on a mission to make superior trading products with efficient execution available to anyone. This means that we will only offer products and features that make sense. We will be driven by the best practices of user experience with user-centric design at the heart of everything we do, making products fun and easy to use. And we will work relentlessly and leverage our deepest expertise to bring the most efficient execution with transparent fees.
Bebop was born and incubated at Wintermute, one of the largest trading companies in crypto and a leading liquidity powerhouse in DeFi.
Working for Bebop
At Bebop you will be in charge of delivering high-performance, scalable and beautiful web3 applications. You will lead the engineering team, design back-end and front-end architecture, write and release top quality code and refine DevOps practices. You will push the boundaries by delivering technical innovation in blockchain space. You will use your best entrepreneurial instincts to make technology choices that drive business growth.
Hard Skills Requirements
- 4+ years of demonstrable engineering experience in either a professional and personal capacity.
- Full stack awareness with focus on componentisation, managing applications/microservices and API designs.
- Architecting systems that manage financial data, such as a trade order lifecycle from request to execution.
- Familiarity with common network protocols such as HTTP, WS and FIX.
- General clean code habits, along with basic DevOps understanding of items such as Git, AWS, Jenkins, standard security practices and Linux based operating systems
- Blockchain Fundamentals such as consensus mechanisms, nodes, web3.
- Experience with EVM smart contract development (preferably Solidity/Foundry framework) and basic knowledge on implementation patterns and gas optimisation
- Understanding and experience on analysing on-chain transactional activity, such as pool swaps and peer to peer settlement protocols.
- Managing small and dynamic teams.
- A unique opportunity to work on a startup from zero to one with all the impact of early employees, while having a reliable backing (financial, technological and business expertise) from one of the industry’s top players
- An amazing culture, defined as ambitious, knowledgeable and fun.
- Work flexibility: while we have location preferences for our hubs (New York, London, Singapore, Sydney), we are open to remote candidates globally