Synthetix is a decentralized derivatives liquidity protocol built on Ethereum and Optimism, with $1B in supporting collateral powering an ecosystem of other protocols. The Synthetix protocol powers the use of synthetic assets (Synths) in projects across its native interfaces as well as third-party platforms like 1inch and Curve, averaging $1.5b in monthly volume. We are a global community of stakeholders across many functions, working together to innovate how value is transferred on the internet.
We’re driven by startup values - we iterate fast, test often and automate wherever possible; it’s that agility that has helped us get to where we are. We have some of the most complex dApps on Ethereum powering an ecosystem of other protocols and are constantly building new interfaces and making improvements to existing assets.
Join the Synthetix Core Contributor community as a senior technical product manager and help build the future of DeFi.
Synthetix is looking for a senior technical product manager to supplement our growing needs. We often create and develop multiple products simultaneously with focused engineering groups that need a product leader to help prioritise, communicate, and execute workstreams. You will be the link between engineering and product across numerous time zones and be a critical contributor to resource allocation across the stack.
To succeed in this role you need to have an ability to lead technology teams, a solid understanding of blockchain, Synthetix and DeFi, and the ability to adapt to fast-changing environments.
- The main point of contact with an engineering team for status updates, requirements, priorities, etc.
- Help drive and execute against the product roadmap, play a key role in the product feature planning process, and work closely with engineering to ensure successful delivery
- Work closely with the Technical Lead to plan the project: read specifications, create milestones & roadmap, create tasks, set priorities, etc
- Curate appropriate product structure and processes, without limiting creativity or becoming corporate
- Proactively resolve or escalate any issues to minimize the impact on project success or team morale
- Hold regular 1:1s with developers to ensure the team is happy, engaged, and works together cohesively
- Build a high level of transparency, thorough communication & documentation, using tools such as Discord, Notion, GitHub
- Research and deep dive into the Ethereum ecosystem and technology to understand and define new features and strategic directions for the protocol
- Track and report on the progress of features and product performance with key internal and external governance points
- Located in a US-friendly timezone for best overlap with the team that needs you
- Able to thrive in a varied and asynchronous work style
- Collaborative in approach and happy to work with others on projects
- Intellectually curious and enjoys moving fast
- Happy to work remotely and manage their own office environment
- Willing to be flexible with availability to accommodate for the fast-paced nature of the cryptocurrency market and open to occasional travel for events
- Technical understanding of distributed systems and/or blockchain technology
- Experience managing technical back-end software products
- An ability to independently & quickly learn about technical concepts
- An ability to evaluate trade-offs and make effective decisions
- Ability to research and dive deep into the blockchain ecosystem and technology to understand and define new features and strategic directions for the protocol
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Extremely organized, responsive, responsible & accountable
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
- Used both Synthetix and other DeFi products on mainnet and can demonstrate a solid understanding of how Synthetix works
Nice to have:
- Software development experience, education, or ability to comprehend solidity or pseudocode
- Chain analysis skills with Dune or similar tools
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Pay in sUSD/USDC and SNX
- Provide a platform for sharing your talents with a global audience
- Pay for travel expenses to events & offsites
- Connect you to a thriving community
- Make you feel welcome!
If the above sounds interesting and you’d like to talk please contact [email protected].