We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for blockchain technologies to join Monax as we define a unique position in the market.
You will report to our SRE Leader and work closely with our CTO, as well as our engineering leads. Your focus of effort will be our Kubernetes-based cluster, the overall architecture of our production systems, their security and resilience blending blockchain-land with more traditional (and battle-tested) DevOps and cloud tooling. The ideal candidate is also an experienced engineer who can engage in design discussions across teams and advise on the consequences of design decisions on production.
As the company scales, this role could provide the opportunity for progression to further senior leadership roles.
Monax Labs is a web3 infrastructure studio. Our mission is to make NFT transactions safe, secure, and legal.
We are building Aspen, an NFT minting and transactional platform that helps users manage and grow their NFT portfolios and businesses. Aspen serves Creators, Collectors, Brands, Institutions, and Enterprises.
What you will be doing:
- Architecting hybrid decentralised (e.g. Ethereum, Solana, IPFS, Arweave) and centralised services (e.g. APIs, relayers, indexing services)
- Improving our deployment automation and security
- Writing infrastructure-as-code
- Coordinating and mentoring engineers on our product and platform teams in deployment
- Making sure our systems are observable and have meaningful metrics and error handling (e.g. with Prometheus and Sentry)
- Identifying areas for improvement in our deployments (in terms of tooling, languages, and cost) and implementing those improvements
- Making decisions on best use of resources to improve our technical operations
- Helping to manage state, upgrades, and deployments
You’ll have a high level of autonomy and we want you to use your skills to support our engineering teams, and where necessary push back on design decisions that are sub-optimal for operations.
So, in summary, who do we need? Someone who:
- Has at least 3-4 years of experience as a Software Engineer or an experienced DevOps professional
- Can read Rust, Typescript (NodeJS and frontend), Solidity (EVM code), and shell scripts within the first few weeks
- Has a good understanding of cloud native tooling such as Kubernetes, Pulumi, Terraform, Elasticsearch, and Prometheus
- Has real world experience of collaborating on code through Git
- Has a good understanding of Kubernetes
- Has a knowledge of GCP - in particular Cloud SQL and Google Kubernetes Engine
- Has experience of multi-server non-trivial cloud deployments
- Has experience in the trenches of incidents in live systems
- Has excellent organisational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Has previous experience working in a fast-moving and evolving environment
- Has excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Can communicate in a empathetic and supportive manner
Nice to have:
- Experience with a venture-funded, high-growth technology/fintech startup
- Experience in blockchain
- A keen interest and understanding of NFTs, DeFi and Cryptocurrencies
- Experience working in a remote and distributed team would be great, but it’s not essential
We are very keen to see candidates from a range of backgrounds and experiences. You may not fit exactly every requirement we have. What’s more important is that you have the demonstrable skills and experience we need.
It is important that you are able to engage, and on occasion back yourself in honest and respectful discussions with colleagues. You are able to change your mind about something after consideration.
What can we offer you?
- High level of autonomy, freedom and self direction
- Marketable experience in the blockchain and legal tech spaces
- Remote working to fit the way you live your life. Currently Monax is fully remote.
- Join a fast moving start up at an exciting time as we scale up
- The chance to contribute to projects at the cutting edge of blockchain technologies
- Friendly, positive and empathetic culture
- Token Allocation
Monax Labs’ mission is to make NFT transactions safe, secure, and legal.
To build successfully in Web 3 you need a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UK based candidates should have the right to work in the UK, sponsorship is unavailable. UK wide remote available. European remote available for the right candidate.
We are a remote team and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be located in the UK, US or Europe to ensure proper collaboration across teams.