Wintermute’s mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products.
As part of this mission we have incubated a new decentralized trading protocol that will significantly improve the experience of trading on DeFi.
Wintermute is one of the largest algorithmic trading firms in digital assets globally. We manage billions in assets and trade more than $5B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most CeFi and DeFi exchanges and via OTC. Wintermute was one of the earliest adopters of DeFi and is a big supporter of decentralized finance. We are widely known to be one of the largest and most advanced liquidity providers in DeFi. We support all major DEX, trading platforms, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and we work with most major chains.
Wintermute is an official market maker for many of the most prominent blockchain projects and we actively support the DeFi ecosystem: we invest in and help scale early stage DeFi projects, we actively participate in governance of various protocols and cooperate with projects of building the missing pieces of the ecosystem.
Working for the DeFi protocol
You will be in charge of delivering high-performance, scalable and beautiful web3 applications. You will lead the engineering team, design back-end and front-end architecture, write and release top quality code and refine DevOps practices. You will push the boundaries by delivering technical innovation in blockchain space. You will use your best entrepreneurial instincts to make technology choices that drive business growth.
Hard Skills Requirements
- 4+ years of demonstrable engineering experience in either a professional and personal capacity.
- Full stack awareness with focus on componentisation, managing applications/microservices and API designs.
- Architecting systems that manage financial data, such as a trade order lifecycle from request to execution.
- Familiarity with common network protocols such as HTTP, WS and FIX.
- General clean code habits, along with basic DevOps understanding of items such as Git, AWS, Jenkins, standard security practices and Linux based operating systems
- Blockchain Fundamentals such as consensus mechanisms, nodes, web3.
- Experience with EVM smart contract development (preferably Solidity/Foundry framework) and basic knowledge on implementation patterns and gas optimisation
- Understanding and experience on analysing on-chain transactional activity, such as pool swaps and peer to peer settlement protocols.
- Managing small and dynamic teams.
- A unique opportunity to work on a startup from zero to one with all the impact of early employees, while having a reliable backing (financial, technological and business expertise) from one of the industry’s top players
- An amazing culture, defined as ambitious, knowledgeable and fun.
- Work flexibility: while we have location preferences for our hubs (New York, London, Singapore, Sydney), we are open to remote candidates globally