ChainSafe is a leading blockchain research and development firm specializing in infrastructure solutions for the decentralized web. We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, Mina-rs, and Gossamer and more. ChainSafe creates solutions for developers and teams across the web3 space utilizing our expertise in gaming, bridging, NFTs, and decentralized storage. As part of the mission to build innovative products for users and better tooling for developers, ChainSafe embodies an open source and community-oriented ethos.
To learn more about ChainSafe, take a look at our Discord, GitHub, and website.
Here’s what you need to know before reading on:
- ChainSafe Systems, a blockchain research and development company, is seeking dedicated Protocol Network Engineers to join the Lodestar team, our Ethereum Consensus (Eth2) implementation written in TypeScript.
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors
- Lodestar is an Ethereum Consensus client and ecosystem of resources to provide and support the Ethereum protocol, including the Libp2p networking stack. Libp2p is a peer-to-peer networking protocol enabling Lodestar to participate in Ethereum consensus through its TypeScript implementation. You will contribute in ensuring the long-term success of Ethereum and Lodestar while being at the edge of multiple technological fronts.
About the Role
As a protocol networking engineer, you will contribute to Lodestar and Libp2p by developing accurate, secure and performant code to implement various networking specifications. No prior blockchain experience is required, but it is expected to gain protocol proficiency over time. You’ll also have the opportunity to engage with a wider Ethereum/Libp2p protocol community, other client teams, public goods maintainers and contribute to research efforts to influence its future design. The position is full-time and remote-friendly.
At ChainSafe, you’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advancing humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
- Understand a protocol specification and develop a highly performant implementation
- Research multiple solutions and evaluate their performance trade-offs
- Implement and maintain new networking specifications such as light-client p2p solutions
- Refactor and improve existing features in the client and our open-source networking libraries (e.g. js-libp2p-gossipsub, js-libp2p-yamux, js-libp2p-noise)
- Review, audit and test your teammates code
- Provide feedback on overall design decisions
- Collaborate with other protocol implementation teams to share knowledge and improve the protocol networking stack
Required skills and experience
- Experience developing highly performant, secure, and scalable networking software
- Experience in distributed applications and peer to peer networking
- Comfortable learning complex protocols from scratch
- Takes initiative, is a self-starter, be accountable for work
- Experience with open-source software or strong communication skills as we actively coordinate with external parties
Nice to have
- Experience with blockchain protocols
- Experience with cryptography
- Experience with development on nodeJS
- Strong academic or engineering background
- Performance analysis and optimization, optimizing data structures and algorithms
- Devops, testing infrastructure, and CI for large systems
- Familiarity with open-source software principles
If you feel like you’re the perfect fit for the role, please apply even if you don’t match all the requirements.
- Selected candidates will be invited to a 30-45 minute screening call with one of our tech recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to a 60-minute values interview with one of our project managers
- Then, candidates will be asked to complete a technical task in under 4 hours, but we provide up to 5 business days to complete
- Lastly, candidates will be invited to a 60-minute interview with the team lead
Why Join ChainSafe
Founded by developers for developers, ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We continue to provide opportunities for personal and professional growth, value autonomy and responsibility, have a results-driven environment, and offer flexible work hours.
We care deeply about our values and look for these attributes in every new team member. In addition, we recognize the benefits of cultivating a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture. We encourage women, the LGBTQIA+ community, people of color, and members of any other group underrepresented in the blockchain space (or tech in general) to apply.
How to Apply
please fill out the linked application form and ensure that you attach your resume and link your Github/Gitlab profile or any software project that you have contributed to (if applicable).