- Help the most ambitious and generally applicable cross-chain decentralised exchange in the industry
- Directly support community & team members to monior, diagnose, and troubleshoot common problems with our software, networks, and infrastrucutre
- Open and friendly culture with regular informal social and sporting activities
- Flat(ish) organisation structure with open and collaborative attitude
- Funded by top tier Web3 funds, with in-house compliance and finance team
- Relocation packages available, with a whole company offsite planned for Feb 2023 in South Africa
What We Do
Chainflip is a decentralised exchange project that uses multi-party-computation and threshold signature schemes to allow our decentralised validator network to secure assets across multiple arbitrarily differentiated blockchain networks, with the ultimate goal of allowing users to swap between various cryptocurrencies across multiple blockchains in a trustless and programmatic way. We think it has the best shot at taking market share away from the big centralised exchanges in the long run and bringing it on-chain. We want to be the Uniswap for everything.
This is a very tightly coupled engineering challenge, one that we’ve been working on for well over a year. It is a multidisciplinary exercise in distributed systems, decentralised finance, blockchain consensus mechanisms, cyber security, applied cryptography, and front end tooling.
You can read more about Chainflip Labs and joining the team here.
What’s the Job?
We are looking for a Support Engineer with a focus on supporting our users, especially our validator operators, to succeed in securely operating their own infrastructure in the interests of creating and maintain a stable, secure, and smooth blockchain protocol.
As we move towards product launch, your job will be to gather feedback, engage with community members and stakeholders, and generally help track, resolve, and document issues and their fixes.
- Reporting to the Platform (Infrastructure, Security, and DevOps) lead, and assisting the Head of Communications on technical matters
- Directly support the Platform team to deploy, test, and maintain our blockchain test network and production network environments
- Provide technical support to our validator community and end users in our community channels
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues raised by users and the development team
- Implement and test smaller scale user issues where appropriate in our repositories
- Create and maintain a ticketing system for external users
- Track system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk users through correctly configuring their own deployments, collecting logging information, and implementing fixes
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Update and maintain our technical documentation in relation to validator and relayer deployments
- Maintain positive relationships with our power-users and technical investors
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for a customer-oriented technical contributor that has a deep understanding of the blockchain industry and direct experience working with live blockchain networks. The candidate will have some technical experience in a professional context, enough skills to read code and write basic scripts, and a passion for Web3.
Ideally, you will be able to relocate to Berlin. We work out of our bright and relaxed Kreuzberg offices 4 of 5 days a week, with partial remote options possible, and an annual offsite planned each February. We offer all Berlin based employees standard employment contracts under German law. Those that work with us remotely outside of Germany are typically contractors.
If you would like to read more to get an idea of what working at Chainflip would be like, check out this post.
Salaries and Token packages are on offer that are commensurate with skill and experience. Please indicate your expected salary when applying, and we will take that into consideration during the interview process.
Please submit your CV to [email protected] for review. A screening call will be conducted by our COO after which a second round with the CEO and rest of the management team will be organised.
Salary range is €45k - 65k, plus significant token incentives