OpenAI’s chatbot has been the most popular tool this year since its launch, when it broke all the records and crossed 1 million users within one week. Taking into consideration its popularity, ChatGPT is indeed a very useful tool regardless of your job or need.
Following our last article on ChatGPT Prompts for web developers, this article comes in handy if you are a UI/UX designer.
Best ChatGPT Prompts for UI/UX Designers
Undoubtedly, you must have given ChatGPT a try to check its capabilities. Below I present you a collection of prompts that will assist you in five different areas of UI or UX design.
1. User Experience Design Prompts
- What are some micro-interactions to consider when designing fintech app.
- Create a user persona for a [Women Fitness] mobile app. Use a table for representation.
- Create a user flow for a [fitness app] with the following features: [insert features]
- Act as a user researcher for a [Fitness application]. Pretend I’m a user and ask me questions about my experience to [find the perfect gym].
- Act as a designer and find 10 gamification techniques that I can add to a [Fitness app].
- I am designing an app that has the following features [insert features]. Can you list the competitors for this kind of app and perform a competitive analysis?
- Create a user journey map in a tabular format for a Fitness app designed for women with the following features [insert features].
- Can you list down the feature set of an e-commerce app based on the common user problems
- Act as a UX designer and suggest a wireframe layout for [fitness] app.
- Act as a designer for a recruitment agency app that wants to evaluate potential candidates by testing their skills and knowledge. Write down key design requirements for this app.
2. User Interface Design Prompts
- Generate examples of UI Design requirements for a [mobile app design]
- How can I design a [Dental company website] in a way that conveys [trust and authority]
- Write a design system documentation for a [UI Element]. Represent in a table with the states like default, clicked, hover, active, focus, and disabled. Describe these states with design token (color, font).
- Suggest primary, secondary, and tertiary colors for a [Women Fitness] mobile app. Use a table for representation.
- Create a checklist for UI elements for a perfect [Screen/feature] using a table.
- Generate a typography style guide for a [mobile application] in excel format with the following features and characteristics: [insert features].
- What is the best layout/structure to consider for a [attorney website]
- Generate examples of UI design requirements for a [mobile app]
- Create a list of 20 websites that I can use as inspiration for designing a [blockchain] website.
- Brainstorm ideas for different ways to design a [Fitness] app.
3. UX Writing Prompts
- Create a text-based excel sheet to input your copy suggestions. Assume you have 3 members in your UX writing team.
- Act as a UX Writer and generate 10 versions of 404 error message for a [Women Fitness] mobile app.
- Write 10 ideas of high-conversion headline for a [product] landing page.
4. Interview Prompts
- List 20 common interview questions for [UI design] and include the answers.
- Can you give examples of some UI/UX exercises for interview practice?
- Provide tips for demonstrating problem-solving skills in interviews.
- I want you to act as an interview expert and provide a list of commonly asked UX/UX questions regarding [Figma].
- Do a mock interview with me for a senior UI/UX Designer. You ask the questions, I'll share my answers, and you give me feedback. Please ask only one question to begin.
5. Working with clients Prompts
- Negotiate with client X who has not paid me the final amount after delivering the project. Can you generate an email example that I can send to him?
- Explain to my client like he was 5 years old the concept of color complementarity
- Provide a response for a client who gave a negative feedback to my website design proposal. See below the exact feedback [insert feedback]
We hope this collection of 30+ ChatGPT Prompts will help you use AI in a way that makes your job easier. However, if you are getting tired of the platform, remember to check these ChatGPT alternatives!