The world of NFTs continues to expand and evolve at a rapid pace, with brands, celebrities, and individuals alike exploring the potential of this new technology. Last week, we found out Adidas Originals is collaborating with BAPE, in partnership with MoonPay, to launch an exclusive collection of 100 sneakers, each with a digital twin.
Interested to see how this happened? Check out below!
🗽Brands/Celebrities - Adidas Originals, SnoopDogg, Beeple, Sotheby's, Animoca Brands, McDonald's;
🎵 Music NFTs - AnotherBlock, Coinbase;
⚽Sports NFTs - WAGMI United, Crypto Blockchain Industries, Manchester City Football Club, EX SPORTS, Manchester United;
🤖AI Art - Images through the eyes of an AI;
🤣Meme of the week - It's not a loss if you don't sell
🗽 Brands / Celebrities
- Adidas Originals is collaborating with BAPE, in partnership with MoonPay, to launch an exclusive collection of 100 sneakers, each with a digital twin. The launch will take place from 22 August for 3 days. Owners of the ALT[ER] EGO & (B)APETAVERSE NFT SOLES will receive exclusive benefits.
- How does SnoopDogg use its IP? Through a collaboration with Skechers. SnoopDogg's famous BAYC, Dr. Bombay appears on Skechers footwear, with each pair sold for $100.
- Beeple has launched an art contest, where participants have to create works inspired by CryptoPunks, and winners will receive free tickets to the event held at the end of September at Beeple Studios.
- Sotheby's denies the allegations in the class action lawsuit brought by BAYC collectors. The latter sued Yuga Labs and 30 other companies and celebrities for allegedly misleading investors in promoting BAYC.
- Animoca Brands is working with AWS to support more than 450 Web3 developers and projects in its portfolio with AWS resources to develop Web3 products and services.
- McDonald's in Singapore launched soulbound Grimace NFTs yesterday. The 2,000 NFTs could be claimed for free via the McDonald's Singapore mobile app.
🎵 Music NFTs
- AnotherBlock debuts at Onchain Summer with the release of tracks from Boys Noize, Laidback Luke and Kleerup.
- Coinbase partners with Showtime.xyz.
⚽ Sport NFTs
- WAGMI United, a crypto sports company, rejects accusations of "rugging" and reaffirms its commitment to Web3.
- Crypto Blockchain Industries/ CBI is collaborating with Chiliz to accelerate the development of Football AlphaVerse, an interactive 3D virtual environment offering fans access to exclusive football-related content, games and virtual assets. The FAV platform will be powered by the $FAV token, which will be created on the Chiliz Chain.
- Manchester City Football Club brings the Blue Moon Game to Roblox. The game offers an immersive football experience, transporting players and spectators to a virtual stadium in the Man City universe.
- Web3 platform EX SPORTS is working with IQ Protocol to introduce a lending mechanism for NFTs.
- Manchester United has launched 'Collect United', a digital collectibles campaign available at every home game of the 23/24 season. There is also a gamified component, offering rewards and perks for fans who collect a full set, such as a free VIP tour of Old Trafford at United matches, exclusive invitations to team training and signed merchandise.
🤖 AI Art
Using AI, we type in a few words and it generates an image. For today's one we used the same Midjourney and the following words: "Design a captivating visual representation of a digital twin cyborg girl. Showcase her fusion of human-like features and futuristic technology in a single image. Highlight her seamless integration of biological and mechanical elements, capturing the essence of a harmonious coexistence between human and machine, --q5"
🤣 Meme of the week
It's not a loss if you don't sell 🤣