Blogger outreach is all about nurturing relationships with famous personalities in your niche. When you succeed in that, then you are able to build rapport which goes a long way in making your brand more visible and prominent in the industry. However, before you get started, you need to understand why you need blogger outreach in the first place. The following are some of the main reasons behind that:
- You can publish guest posts on popular blogs that have backlinks in them. This way, you can drive traffic to your own blog with the help of other blogs.
- Some bloggers offer paid promotional posts on their blogs which you can use for direct advertising
- You can expand your professional network by contacting famous influencers and also cultivate long-term relationships with them so that you can grow with them
If you are new to blogger outreach, then you can get started by taking the following steps:
1. Find the Right Influencers for Your Campaigns
The first thing you need to do is find the influencers that you think can help you in reaching out to new audiences that are relevant to you. The first thing you need to do is find the influencers that you think can help you in reaching out to new audiences that are relevant to you. You can also try doing this with a PR company, but if you’re like me, you’d rather use a DIY approach. There are likely to be hundreds or even thousands of popular bloggers that are well-known in your niche, but you need to focus on those that have the widest reach.
There are many tools that you can use to find influencers that are ideal for your blog. These include:
Most of the top bloggers can easily be found on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Getting them on your side can make sending massive traffic your way a piece of cake. This is because all these bloggers need to do is just share your content with their fans and followers on social media platforms.
Hootsuite is one of the most popular social media management tools that you can use to run and monitor your social media campaigns. You can also use it for creating workflows to contact and work with influencers on popular platforms.
Buzzsumo is one of the best tools that you can use for your blogger outreach efforts. This is because it’s a content marketing tool that comes with a dedicated unit for blogger outreach alone. It helps you to find the influencers that have the widest reach in your domain and are likely to come on board without too much effort.
Ninja Outreach is a popular blogger outreach tool that can be used by users across the world irrespective of their location or language. It offers tons of features like email statistics, automated email outreach, templates with personalization tools, etc.
2. Reach Out to the Chosen Ones
After you have selected the perfect influencers for your blog, it’s time to approach them. However, you must come off as an individual who is genuinely interested in the works of the influencers and you seek long-term partnerships. To succeed in this step, take the following steps:
- Take a good look at the influencer’s blog. Understand the kind of writing style they have adopted. You may not find perfect writing, but there will be some distinction in their style or choice of words that have made their blog what it’s today. If you can pinpoint that, you can complement the blogger for the same and get on their good side right off the bat. Most bloggers love hearing compliments about their writing anyway.
- Keep it short. You don’t want to overwhelm an influencer with lots of communication in your first message. It’s best to keep your pitches smaller than 100 words.
- It’s a bad idea to use a single pitch template for all the bloggers. Most of them will be able to instantly realize that you are using a generic template and it will show that you are insincere or not committed to working with them. Thus, you should create a personalized pitch for each influencer in which you shed light on the specifics of their blog and their style of work. That’s what that will get you more responses.
- Study the blogs carefully to pick the right topics, i.e. the topics that they need on their blogs. What you want to do is check out the other posts published on the blogs. This will give you an idea about the subjects they like, and the kind of titles that strike a chord with them.
3. Deepen the Relationship
Once a professional bond is developed, you want to nurture it and grow it into a long-lasting relationship. For that, you need to go beyond offering money and free samples- you need to give them time and attention.
The following are some of the things that you can do to take your relationship with your influencers to the next level:
- Help them out by bringing their attention to broken links and other bugs in their blogs
- Share their content on your social media profiles whenever possible. Everyone loves free promotion and attention
- Comment on the posts to share your opinions. However, make sure that you are sincere and avoid unnecessary criticism. No one likes a “know it all”
- Share tools and resources that you think can benefit the bloggers
Apart from these online relationship-building techniques, you should also focus on connecting with the influencers in the real world. For that, you can invite them to dinners, networking events, holiday parties, etc. Just show that you are in for the long haul and that you appreciate their presence in your life.
The Simpler Way
Blogger outreach may sound like a complicated job, and it is, but there are ways to make it simpler. For instance, you can use professional blogger outreach services that can do everything i.e. from finding the best influencers to getting them to promote your content for you! Although the services come at a price, the benefits you get in terms of exposure is worth it as it results in higher revenue. So, if you have a budget, even if it’s small, and you want to save time and energy, then you should consider taking professional services rather than putting in the effort yourself.