Top software development companies are working assiduously to ensure that they build more user-friendly software. Presently, they have built millions of software required for various purposes; open-source web development software is one of them. There are various open-source web development platforms now such as Scala, CodeIgniter, Python, and Ruby on Rails, and not forgetting WordPress.
These top software companies also build easy-to-use mobile apps. Basically, they provide IT solutions for business growth and development. Now, some of the services that these development companies offer include the following:
• Website development
• Mobile app development
• Blockchain development
• Game development
• AR/VR development
• E-mail marketing
• Digital marketing
• Logo designing and branding, and a host of other services
• Website development
Website development has now become a requirement for business growth because of its advantages. Some of the advantages are:
1. It is an effective advertising medium: When you have your website address posted on promotional materials, people who come across those materials tend to check the site out to find more information about the business and her products or services. This, in turn, attracts more people to the site.
2. It helps to save cost on print materials: Gone are the days when business organizations printed catalogs and brochures. These days all the information that people may need can be found on their websites.
3. It is your link to your customers: When people are looking for a company that is offering your kind of products or services they usually use a search engine and pick one from the results. So, if you are privileged to have your website listed in the results, potential customers can locate you, which means that the website is the link between you and them.
4. It can help to extend your business beyond local reach: A website helps to extend a brick and mortar business beyond local reach. Since more people will be able to locate you with the information available on your website, you can enjoy high patronage and improved sales. However, if you do not have a website then you may be limited to the customers within your locality or neighborhood.
5. It aids productivity: When you have a website, it allows customers and potential customers to learn more about any of your products instead of you having to start explaining to everybody that makes an inquiry. This makes it possible for you to focus on other productive things.
Now, those are just some of the advantages of having a website for business. The good news is that top software development companies are building different open-source web development platforms to make it a lot easier and faster for web developers to complete web development projects at affordable rates. Some of these platforms are CodeIgniter, Scala, Python, and Ruby on Rails; as already mentioned above. So, if you wish to have a website developed with open-source software, you can talk to your web developer to use any of these platforms.
Advantages of open-source platforms
It is more affordable to develop a website with an open-source platform compared to building one from scratch. Even top web development companies prefer to work with these platforms, which is why they offer affordable charges to clients. Moreover, the software development companies providing these platforms are making them available for free, that is why no licensing fees are required. So, based on this reason, you have no excuse why you cannot afford a website for your business. Also, remember all the benefits or advantages that a website offers.
2. Standard project
Open-source platforms help to reduce, or even eradicate bugs and errors when coding. Developing a website requires some lines of code. However, these codes are almost skipped when using an open-source platform because the software developers have completed that part of the development process. Nevertheless, one or two of those platforms may require you to perform just a few lines of coding but if you encounter an error or a bug in the process, you will be notified instantly because it will be displayed for you to see. Moreover, it is easy to fix errors and bugs with open-source platforms compared to when building from scratch.
3. Responsive web designs
Open-source web development platforms are ideal for responsive web designs. So, anybody visiting your website can do so using his or her mobile phone. In clearer terms, websites built with open-source software display properly on all devices; PC, tablet, and mobile phones.
Besides, speaking of mobile phones and responsive web designs, top software development companies can build responsive mobile apps too which creates an exciting mobile experience for mobile device users. More so, they can help with a mobile app that is specific to your business needs. One of the industries that have enjoyed massively from mobile app development is the gaming industry.
Popular mobile games have been developed by top software developers and more are still being built. Now, thanks to Artificial Intelligence technology, AR mobile gaming apps are increasing in demand. More people are now embracing mobile games contrary to the belief that games are meant for kids and teenagers. Moreover, some mobile games are built with powerful 3D and HD graphics; this further proves just how advanced the gaming industry is. In fact, the industry is now a multi-billion dollar industry. However, more incredible games with amazing features are still expected to be developed based on the technologies that are available today.
Furthermore, the education industry, banking industry, sports sector, and hospitality industry are some other industries that boast of business-specific mobile apps. So finally, you have learned how software development companies support web developers with web development software.
Melissa Crooks is Content Writer who writes for Hyperlink InfoSystem, a mobile app development company in New York, USA and India that holds the best team of skilled and expert app developers. She is a versatile tech writer and loves exploring the latest technology trends, entrepreneur and startup column. She also writes for top app development companies.