The world of NFTs continues to expand and evolve at a rapid pace, with brands, celebrities, and individuals alike exploring the potential of this new technology. Last week, we found out that Mercedes is launching its first collection of NFTs.
Interested to see how this happened? Check out below!
🗽Brands/Celebrities - Mercedes, Kellogg's, Cristiano Ronaldo, Starbucks, Peter Schiff;
🎨Artist of the week - Today we write about Valentina Szilagyi;
🎵 Music NFTs - Decent.xyz, Optimism, Nvak & Annika Rose;
⚽Sports NFTs - EA Sports & Nike, FC Barcelona, Sports Illustrated, Red Bull Racing, FanCraze;
🤖AI Art - Images through the eyes of an AI;
🤣Meme of the week - The power of gm.
🗽 Brands / Celebrities
- Mercedes launches its first collection of NFTs "Maschine" in collaboration with artist Harm van den Dorpel on June 7 and introduces Mercedes-Benz NXT, a division focused on Web3 and digital collections.
- With Kellogg's you can enjoy your favourite cereals or snacks in the metaverse! They have filed 12 trademarks for NFTs, virtual food, cryptocurrencies and VR games.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is partnering with Binance to launch his own collection of NFTs, available exclusively on the Binance NFT platform.
- Starbucks plans to airdrop limited-edition NFTs to select U.S. residents who are members of the Starbucks Odyssey program in June.
- Peter Schiff, previously known for his criticism of NFTs, is now launching a collection of Bitcoin Ordinals.
🎨 Artist of the week
Szilagyi Valentina is a 22-year-old artist and graphic designer.
She entered the world of arts only after graduating from the High School in Carei, majoring in Natural Sciences. She studied Graphics for 3 years at the Faculty of Visual Arts in Oradea.
The passion for digital art came only after graduating from college. Although she has only been in the field for 2 years, she has progressed at a rapid pace through hard work, enthusiasm and enjoyment.
She currently owns with 4 childhood friends a company called Upcrafty that provides digital art, web design and web development services for web3 projects and beyond. So far she has worked with major projects such as Shisoka, Smiths, CowCow, Sentries etc.
Here you can find Valentina's portfolio with illustrations and social media handles.
🎵 Music NFTs
- Decent.xyz presents "The Box", an infrastructure that simplifies the process of trading NFTs with multi-chain support.
- Optimism, an L2 blockchain, has hinted at a future integration of music NFTs.
- Nvak and Annika Rose have released the first web3 music video game called "Bruises", offering an interactive experience to fans.
⚽ Sport NFTs
- In perhaps the biggest news of the moment, EA Sports and Nike have announced that they are teaming up to bring virtual .Swoosh items to EA Sports games. That's after .Swoosh managed to sell nearly 100k virtual sneakers in the previous week.
- FC Barcelona in collaboration with Plastiks, is launching 3000 themed NFTs, allowing fans to contribute to the campaign aimed at promoting sustainability and raising awareness of the plastic crisis.
- Sports Illustrated and SuperWorld are teaming up, offering users the opportunity to purchase tickets to events directly from SuperWorld, representing a virtual world in augmented reality.
- Red Bull Racing partners with SUI blockchain, with the announcement coming just ahead of the much-anticipated Spanish GP race in Barcelona.
- FanCraze enters the NFTs market in cricket, partnering with 12 of the leading English and Welsh regions.
🤖 AI Art
Using AI, we type in a few words and it generates an image. For today's one I used the same Midjourney and the following words: "my robot friend that knows chatgpt is playing with me all the time, and we work on a secret plan for people not to get old anymore " Sven, 5 years old
🤣 Meme of the week
I saw it on c1neva. The charger was missing...