The world of NFTs continues to expand and evolve at a rapid pace, with brands, celebrities, and individuals alike exploring the potential of this new technology. Last week, we found out that Italian luxury watch brand Panerai will issue an NFT "digital passport" for all watches purchased from 3 October.
Interested to see how this happened? Check out below!
🗽Brands/Celebrities - Panerai, Diesel, Ralph Lauren & Burberry alum, Karl Lagerfeld, Christie's, Deutsche Bank;
🎵 Music NFTs - JKBX, Pace Gallery;
⚽Sports NFTs - GameOn x LaLiga North America;
🤖AI Art - Images through the eyes of an AI;
🤣Meme of the week - GM while the country is burning!
🗽 Brands / Celebrities
- Italian luxury watch brand Panerai will issue an NFT "digital passport" for all watches purchased from 3 October. The NFT will be proof of the watch's authenticity and will allow owners to extend their limited international watch warranty for up to eight years.
- Diesel is offering access to the Milan Fashion Week show with the latest launch of the Metamorph NFT collection, in partnership with Public Pressure.
- Former Ralph Lauren and Burberry employees launch digital fashion platform SYKY, which will offer digital and physical clothing creations from emerging designers as well as established luxury brands. These items will be launched primarily in curated collections.
- Karl Lagerfeld and Bosa have launched a special collection of NFTs as a tribute to the designer.
- Christie's is collaborating with fashion brand MNTGE to launch a physical NFC patch inspired by one of Keith Haring's artworks currently up for auction at Christie's.
- Deutsche Bank is partnering with fintech firm Taurus to offer digital asset custody and tokenization services.
🎵 Music NFTs
- The JKBX platform recently launched with over $1.7B in royalties, including songs from Taylor Swift, Beyonce and Adele. JKBX allows fans to invest in artists' songs through royalty fees. Artists sell parts of their songs to JKBX, which gets SEC approval for these deals. Investors receive revenue as the songs earn royalties. The catalogue includes hits from numerous artists such as U2, Bruno Mars, Stevie Wonder and other famous artists.
- Pace Gallery unveils a forthcoming collection of NFTs featuring previously unheard Joy Division vocal samples created in collaboration with the band's drummer Stephen Morris, album artist Peter Saville and the official Joy Division Archive.
⚽ Sport NFTs
GameOn in collaboration with Spanish football league LaLiga, will develop Web3 fantasy games for fans in the United States and Canada of LaLiga North America.
Fans will be able to buy LaLiga player packs in the form of NFTs to build their line-ups, through which they earn points based on players' actual performance. In addition, they will be able to buy digital equipment to equip in-game players, giving them bonuses and point multipliers. Prizes will include cash, VIP match tickets, signed items and access to IRL players.
🤖 AI ART
Using AI, we type in a few words and it generates an image. For today's one we used the same Midjourney and the following words: "Capture the essence of _yellow::4_tones_chair_intense_colours_futuristic_design in a single frame. Create an image that embodies the vibrant::3 energy of intense yellows, the sleek lines of futuristic design, and the captivating interplay of intense colors, --q5 -chaos100"
🤣 Meme of the week
GM while the country is burning!