Are you ready for some NFTs news?
We've prepared a new article that covers the latest news and updates in the world of Web3 and NFTs. Read them below!
🗞️ Last week's news - PayPal, Buenos Aires, Brazil, Transient Labs, Sleap.io, Aptos Labs, Floor App, Animoca Brands Japan;
🗽Brands/Celebrities - MoMA, Musée d'Orsay, Bugatti, MoneyGram, Amazon;
📣 Projects news/Updates - Pudgy Penguins x Walmart, VeeFriends, Veecon, Otherside Mara, Mercedes-Benz NXT Icons;
💼 Web3 Jobs - Senior Illustrator at Doodles;
🤣 Meme of the week - US plays hide-and-seek;
🗞️ News from last week
- PayPal appears to have plans to create an NFT marketplace. They have filed a patent application for a system to buy and sell NFTs, which proposes off-chain transactions and multiple digital wallets associated with a service provider.
- Buenos Aires is implementing a blockchain-based digital identity solution known as QuarkID. As of October, residents of Buenos Aires can download the QuarkID wallet and request personal identification documents such as birth and marriage certificates. In November, proof of income, and certificates of attendance for academic courses will also be available for download and storage in the QuarkID wallet.
- We have Argentina. We also have Brazil launching its blockchain-based digital ID cards. Rio de Janeiro, Goiás and Paraná will be the first states to issue them. And by 6 November, digital IDs should be issued nationwide using blockchain technology, meaning it will be used by over 214M Brazilians. Gg Brazil!
- Transient Labs and AlphaCentauriKid have launched T.R.A.C.E. - Tokenized Records for Artwork Certification and Evolution, a technology that ensures the authenticity of artwork via the blockchain. T.R.A.C.E. embeds state-of-the-art, tamper-resistant chips into physical objects.
- Sleap.io has announced the launch of a native Web3 hotel booking platform with exclusive custom rates via crypto wallets.
- Web3 company Aptos Labs is preparing an immersive digital experience for the film "The Exorcist: Believer" in collaboration with Universal Pictures. Those who purchase a ticket through the Fandango platform will receive a code to redeem the digital experience, where they can collect exclusive artwork, view behind-the-scenes footage and use a themed AR filter.
- Floor App has partnered with Art Blocks to offer early access and the ability to invest in your favorite projects directly from the app.
- Animoca Brands Japan partners with Drecom Corporation to strengthen Japan's global web gaming presence3.
🗽 Brands / Celebrities
- The Museum of Modern Art/MoMA has announced a unique collection of 15 postcards created by artists as part of the MoMA Postcard Project to be launched on October 3.
- The Musée d'Orsay Museum of French Art is partnering with Tezos to attract new visitors through blockchain technology and blockchain artworks. At the launch of the partnership, the museum will offer NFTs to visitors of the upcoming exhibition "Van Gogh in Auvers-sur-Oise: Last Months" as well as gamified elements, offering holders the opportunity to win prizes including lifetime passes to Orsay and invitations to opening galas at the museum.
- Asprey Studio and Bugatti have partnered with Metagood, the company behind OnChainMonkey, to launch the Asprey Bugatti Egg Collection on the Osura platform, a marketplace for high-quality digital artifacts. This collection will be permanently stored on the BTC blockchain.
- MoneyGram is stepping up its Web3 strategy with a non-custodial digital wallet that allows customers to use stablecoin technology to convert funds from fiat to cryptocurrency and back to fiat.
- Amazon is offering new free NFTs for Amazon Prime subscribers until October 25 in the Web3 Mojo Melee game. Amazon has previously offered the opportunity to claim free NFTs in several games for approximately 170M Prime subscribers.
📣 Project News / Updates
- Walmart, the world's largest retailer, is partnering with Pudgy Penguins NFTs to sell their line of toys in their 2,000 US stores. Each Pudgy toy serves as an access point to Pudgy World by scanning a QR code on the box. The toys also pay homage to other NFT collections, incorporating features from popular NFTs like Meebits and DeGods. NFT owners also receive licensing fees from toy sales.
- VeeFriends is collaborating with Mattel to launch an exclusive Masters of the Universe Origins™ Skeletor® & VeeFriends™ Skilled Skeleton™ 2-Pack collectible. It is available for pre-order starting October 6.
- Get your calendars ready! VeeCon will take place in Los Angeles next year from August 9-11. The event will focus on business, marketing, technology, innovation and pop culture.
- Otherside Mara blocks trades on Opensea, LooksRare and Blur, offering X2Y2 as a platform for acquiring NFTs.
- Mercedes-Benz NXT Icons encountered problems at the mint and failed to exhaust its collection. The remaining NFTs were subsequently available at a fixed price of 0.1 ETH.
💼 Web3 Jobs
If you're creative, have solid animation or design experience, Adobe CC skills, attention to detail, and are a master of color and visual storytelling, Doodles is looking for a talented Senior Illustrator. You have the opportunity to be the artist behind the iconic Doodles style. Not to mention the opportunity to live in New York or London.
Salary varies according to location and experience. You can apply here.
🤣 Meme of the week
The US is playing hide-and-seek