Non-Fungible Tokens, or NFTs, have been making headlines around the world for their unique ability to represent digital ownership and authenticity. From music to art, film, and gaming, NFTs are changing the way creators and fans interact and engage with each other.
In this article, we will bring you the latest NFT news from the worlds of celebrities, music, sports, and art. Join us as we delve into the world of entertainment NFTs and discover how it is shaping the industry.
🗽Brands/Celebrities - L'Oréal, Game of Thrones, Logan Paul;
🎵 Music NFTs - Ben Brown, Club House;
⚽Sports NFTs - Australian Open, Miami-Dade County;
🤖AI Art - Images through the eyes of an AI;
🤣Meme of the week - What's the small jeans pocket for?
🗽 Brands / Celebrities
- In the wake of Coffezilla's accusations and evidence against Rug Pull's attempt, Logan Paul reveals the plan for a refund for the disgruntled (probably all?!) CryptoZoo NFT investors.
- L'Oréal reveals the plan for a refund is investing through BOLD (Business Opportunities for L'Oréal Development), its own VC fund, in Digital Village, an American startup focused on Metaverse & an NFT marketplace for brands, creators and communities. It represents L'Oréal's first venture capital investment in the Metaverse & Web3 space.
- Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson team up with GALA Games? At least that's what the GALA folks initially announced, and later deleted their tweet and announcement on Discord. It remains to be seen if it was just fake news or if there's a kernel of truth to it.
- Last week we announced the Game of Thrones NFT presale. In the meantime, the reveal has come. Podium contenders. For the worst NFT of all time. And that's to stop us from wondering why the bear doesn't have a tail! Because the White Walkers ate it, that's why! 😊
- McDonald's will be celebrating the Lunar New Year (on January 22) differently, namely in the Metaverse through a collaboration with Karen X Cheng, digital storyteller, and entrepreneur! Basically, with the help of virtual reality, augmented reality and 3D animation, users can explore different activities. From classic Chinese games such as Weiqi or Mahjong, to VR zoos or cooking competitions.
- National Geographic launches its NFT collection "GM: Daybreak around the World". Only 1 day until the official launch. The collection features 1888 images with 118 photo editions by 16 different artists. More in this thread.
🎵 Music NFTs
- Clubhouse is interested in Music NFTs. More specifically, it invites those who have Music NFTs to use them in their rooms (sort of like Twitter Spaces). For those who don't know, Clubhouse is an app that launched in April 2020, which you could initially enter by invitation only. They still have about 10 million monthly users. And yes, Twitter Spaces only came out in December 2020, 6 months after Clubhouse launched. Or did you think only Instagram was copying Snapchat & TikTok?!
- Ben Brown, one of the Music NFTs industry's early adopters, is competing with Coopahtroopa by launching Ziggy Ziggy Music, a new Web3 music discovery tool. If you're keen, he also has a newsletter.
⚽ Sport NFTs
- The Australian Open offered for the second year in a row a collection of NFTs: 1743 pieces minted for 0.11 ETH each. Each ArtBall (the name of the NFTs in the collection), is linked to a piece of the field. If the winning shot lands on that piece, the ArtBall is updated in near real-time to highlight the match information and updates provided by the winning ball. The folks at AO seem to know the game: from communication to NFT graphics to usability, transparency, and constant presence in the ecosystem. gg, frens!
- Miami-Dade County has won a lawsuit that allows it to drop the FTX branding from the Miami Heat arena. It's been just 18 months since signing a 19-year contract, for $135 million with FTX. Meaning only ~$20 million has been received & currently they are looking for new sponsors.
🤖 AI Art
Using AI, we type in a few words and it generates an image. For today's one, we still used Midjourney and instead of using words, we pasted a card number. The 16 digits. Today's challenge: give it a try.
🤣 Meme of the week
Have you learned the secret of the mini jeans pocket? We recently found out too: it's specially designed for Ledger or Trezor. Joke aside, don't delay any longer, buy yourself a cold wallet today!
NFTs continue to make waves in the entertainment industry, with the latest news from celebrities, music, sports and art. Brands such as L'Oréal and Game of Thrones have revealed their plans for NFTs, while Logan Paul has announced a refund for disgruntled CryptoZoo NFT investors.
Stay with us for the latest news in the NFTs industry!