Are you ready for some NFTs news?
We've prepared a new article that covers the latest news and updates in the world of Web3 and NFTs. Read on to stay up-to date!
📈 Macro - NFT Bucharest, connect the dots;
🗞️ Last week's news - UK Ministry of Defence, Hong Kong, All Nippon Airways, GameStop;
💰 Investments/Financing - Tabi, Transak, DeGame, Illuvium, MetaZone;
📣 Projects news/Updates - Doodles, 0n1 Force, OnChainMonkey Dimensions, Yuga, A Kid Called Beast;
⚖️ Legal - Metaverse Lawyer writes about how the European Union has officially signed the entry into force of MiCA;
🐈 Veefriends - Burn Island and C&C trading cards;
⚙️NFTility, by Mtk - SYKY;
📚 Dictionary - JOMO, Sold Out;
💸 Sale of the week - Azuki #9236;
- NFT Bucharest Warm-up
- NFT Cluj Warm-up
- Blockchain Summit at FABIZ, ASE
- CIP Forum
- Banking 4.0
- Binance Timisoara Meetup
- + Veecon, ETH DAM, NFC - NON FUNGIBLE CONFERENCE, PBW, NFT Paris
All these are events where NFT Bucharest was present through one or more representatives. And there are 4 and a half months to go until NFT Bucharest. In today's MACRO section we just wanted to start putting them together.
🗞️ News from last week
- The UK Ministry of Defence will use the metaverse in an i3DWT (3D training) system, a training platform specific to submarine operations.
- Web3 industry leaders in Hong Kong are forming two associations, Hong Kong Licensed Virtual Assets Association and Web3 Harbour to strengthen the city as the centre of the Web3 ecosystem.
- Japanese airline All Nippon Airways (ANA) launches ANA GranWhale, an aviation-themed NFT marketplace on ETH.
- NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain can now be transferred to Bitcoin using the BRC-721e mechanism developed by Ordinals Market and Bitcoin Miladys.
- GameStop is partnering with blockchain Telos for its upcoming Web3 game launch platform "GameStop Playr".
💰 Investments / Financing
- Tabi, an NFT marketplace formerly known as Treasureland, has secured $10M in funding from major investors such as Animoca Brands and Infinity Crypto Ventures.
- Web3 payments startup Transak has raised $20M in a funding round to develop solutions for large-scale adoption of Web3 games and apps.
- DeGame, a GameFi/NFT aggregator, has raised $10M in a funding round led by Folius Ventures, Kenetic Capital and A&T Capital.
- Illuvium, a blockchain game studio, has raised $10M from Framework Ventures.
- MetaZone, has secured $3M in funding, led by metaverse industry leaders Sfermion and CMT Digital, to expand its META (Metaverse Enabled Tokenized Application) innovating tokenized application platform.
📣 Projects news / Updates
- Doodles is partnering with CAMP to offer unique retail and entertainment experiences along with exclusive benefits to NFT holders.
- 0n1 Force announces major updates such as a collaboration with Fortnite for immersive experiences, the launch of BTC Ordinals, a new marketplace and more.
- The OnChainMonkey Dimensions mint, a collection of generative art on the Bitcoin blockchain, is now scheduled for June 15.
- Yuga has announced new details for Otherside: the Legends of the Mara game will include other Yuga PFP collections as well as third-party PFP collections.
- A Kid Called Beast introduces a secure peer-to-peer trading platform on their marketplace. In addition, they are offering the chance to unlock an NFT on trades made by the end of June.
The European Union officially signed on 31 May the entry into force of the Regulation on crypto asset markets (MiCA).
For anyone who turned on the TV later, MiCA stands for Markets in Crypto-Assets Regulation, the future crypto regulation for the European Union. It is today the most comprehensive framework for crypto assets globally, which is why, as well as raising fears that it could ban mining & trading of Bitcoin in Europe, it has caught the attention of the crypto community globally.
MiCA aims to create a unified regulatory framework for crypto assets in the EU, ensuring consistency across Member States.
European officials formally signed MiCA into law on 31 May, marking an important milestone in the European Union's regulation of crypto assets.
This development comes after the bill received final approval from finance ministers, strengthening the implementation of the new MiCA rules. This is after a lengthy process that took almost three years.
It shall be published shortly in the Official Journal of the EU
It shall enter into force 20 days after the date of publication
Becomes applicable 12 months later for stablecoins (and stablecoin issuers) and 18 months later for other crypto assets and CASP (crypto-assets service providers).
For more information on MiCA, I recommend a very good article, covering pretty much everything you need to know about the most comprehensive crypto regulation (genesis, objectives, rules, implications and so on).
The final text of the MiCa can be read here, it is only 525 pages long. Enjoy your reading! 😃
Burn Island #7 is ongoing, with the current edition open for ~10 hours. Those who already own a PTaSB token, from the collaborative collection between Gary and Snoop Dogg, can still participate in the Trivia Contest by burning the token and answering questions about VeeFriends, GaryVee and Snoop Dogg as quickly and accurately as possible. So far ~160 PTaSBs have already been burned. The grand prize being an NFT from the BAYC collection.
Yesterday there was an online meeting on the VeeFriends platform, where C&C trading cards were discussed and boxes of cards were opened live. VeeFriends fans love collecting cards, and VeeCon dedicated an entire night to the C&C competition.
If you've had the curiosity to interact with Roblox by now, you may have been able to understand why the idea of digital fashion will resonate extremely well with future teens and adults of the alpha generation. For them it's not just a game, it's a platform that is a social space that encourages creation in an (almost) decentralised form.
SYKY is the type of project that the creators of Roblox will be able to migrate to, as it covers the aspects mentioned above very well. Here, artists old and new find a place where they can create and exhibit their work, but most importantly, they do so in a very rich environment in terms of collective knowledge.
Access to the platform is via tokens from The SYKY Keystone Membership Pass collection and one of the most important benefits enjoyed by holders is the opportunity to participate in The SYKY Collective program, a 12-month incubator. Through this initiative, 10 artists will receive resources, education, mentorship and connections to the fashion industry. The participants of the first cohort, will be announced this month.
Through the collective value of the people behind this project and the backing of major investors, Syky has a significant chance of becoming one of the brands that builds a strong bridge between fashion and technology in a decentralized manner.
Until next time, I challenge you to learn something new from a topic you don't encounter every day but are curious about.
- JOMO - Joy Of Missing Out or the joy of missing the train. Applies in everything, but especially in crypto & NFTs. It usually refers to the moment when positive emotions overtake us because the price of an NFT keeps dropping and we didn't get to buy that NFT. For various reasons. Most of the time we didn't have liquidity. We didn't catch the whitelist. We didn't wake up. It was SOLD OUT before we knew it. It doesn't even matter anymore. The important thing is that we have happiness.
- SOLD OUT - It can no longer be bought. Probably only on the secondary market. A concrete example will be needed to understand this better. This will come in the case of NFT Bucharest!
💸 Sale of the week
We interrupt the series of sales of monkeys and Punks. Azuki number #9236 sold for 161 ETH ~ $307k. 4 months ago it sold for 150 ETH.