The world of NFTs continues to expand and evolve at a rapid pace, with brands, celebrities, and individuals alike exploring the potential of this new technology. Last week, we found out that McDonald's is launching a virtual experience in The Sandbox metaverse.
Interested to see how this happened? Check out below!
🗽Brands/Celebrities - The Simpsons, Americana, Lenovo, McDonald's, Louis Vuitton;
🎵 Music NFTs - The Mastercard Artist Accelerator, Daniel Allan;
⚽Sports NFTs - Sorare, European Athletics Championships Rome 2024, FIFA Women's World Cup AU NZ 2023, Moxy.io;
🤖AI Art - Images through the eyes of an AI;
🤣Meme of the week - Race for the million.
🗽 Brands / Celebrities
- The Simpsons reveal in a teaser an integration of blue-chip NFT collections, such as BAYC and CryptoPunks, into their Treehouse of Horror XXXIV special episode.
- Americana introduces a concierge vaulting service to store and manage high-end physical collectibles on the blockchain.
- Lenovo introduces ThinkReality VRX, a metaverse platform focused on practical enterprise applications (e.g. training) that delivers quality VR experiences and is working on developing AR glasses.
- McDonald's is launching McNuggets Land, a virtual experience in The Sandbox metaverse, allowing players to win prizes such as SAND tokens. Who's lovin' it?🍟🍗
- Louis Vuitton introduces a revised edition of the Speedy 40 phygital bag created by Pharrell Williams as an exclusive collection for VIA Treasure Trunk owners.
🎵 Music NFTs
- Mastercard's Web3 music program, The Mastercard Artist Accelerator, concludes with a live-streamed showcase on July 27, featuring AI-created singles from five global artists. You can watch the live stream on Billboard's YouTube channel.
- Daniel Allan announces Duality Pass, an ERC6551 token that allows airdrops of every track on DUALITY to all holders, serving as a "wallet" for storing all Duality songs.
⚽ Sport NFTs
- Sorare unveils major updates for the 2023-24 football season, introducing new game modes and competition formats to improve user engagement.
- The Rome 2024 European Athletics Championships will have a "phygital" dimension, thanks to an innovative project developed by the EuroRoma 2024 Foundation (LOC) and XMetaReal, which aims to provide an immersive experience for fans.
- Reality+ and OTZ Sports are collaborating to launch Own The Zone: FIFA Women's World Cup AU NZ 2023 edition, a women's football Web3 game where fans can make predictions using official match info and win FIFA-themed NFT rewards and prizes.
- Moxy.io introduces a new concept of eSports by launching the MOXY platform and token, presenting on-demand esports for different types of gamers.
🤖 AI Art
Using AI, we type in a few words and it generates an image. For today's one we used all Midjourney and the following words: "A personified vortex dragon going for its tail of swirling winds and whirlpools, enveloped in a maelstrom of plastic pieces and toxic waste, creating a chaotic and menacing scene --c 70 --q 2 --v 5.2 - Remaster by @Claudiu"
🤣 Meme of the week
Threads: I'm the fastest app to reach 1 million users
~~Twitter ~~X: Hold my beer