Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
As a backend engineer, you’ll be responsible for building the suite of data-intensive microservices that power Messari’s data analytics platform.
Our data is both real time and historical, which each present unique challenges in how we store and provide access to our data. Our APIs are written in GraphQL, REST, and gRPC depending on the use case. We like Go for its simplicity and maintainability, and Postgres for features and reliability. We deploy using Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services. That being said, we’re not dogmatic and always believe in using the best tool for the job.
We expect our engineers to think about the product holistically, build new services and features that are reliable and maintainable, be humble, ask questions, co-operate and assist others and finally, be a friendly advocate for crypto and web3.
What you'll do:
- explore the new and emerging world of web3, find the most effective sources for new and interesting data, or figure out how to get that data yourself
- build effective APIs to enable our team and our customers to design world class charts, dashboards, and news feeds
- build internal tools that enable a world class research team to understand trends and new developments in the crypto economy
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience with modern backend technologies including Golang, Postgres, and AWS
- a desire to work on big complex projects with lots of creative freedom
- a passion for shipping high-quality products
- an interest in the crypto space, and a love for building tools that help users navigate the web3 world
- empathetic and love to help your teammates grow
- worked with other elements of our tech stack: GraphQL, Java, Node
- specific experience with Web3 and/or ETL data pipelines
Projects you could work on:
- Market data - ingest trades in real time from hundreds of different centralized and decentralized markets and exchanges. Crunch massive amounts of data into simple and accurate prices that make people more confident in investing in this new and exciting industry
- The screener - build a powerful and highly customizable product that gives users at-a-glance information on all their favorite projects and tokens
- Entity service - collect and compose a comprehensive database of crypto projects, organizations, assets, tokens, entities, protocols, platforms and more
- Intel - build the tools that help people filter out the noise and stay up-to-date on one of the fastest growing and most chaotic industries of the 21st century
What's it like to work with our engineering team?
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle complex problems
- Work with a small team of engineers with large impact across product, research, and business development
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Lab to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
Associate: $135,000 - $155,000
Mid: $150,000 - $185,000
Senior: $195,000 - $200,000 +
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.