Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to build ingestion systems for disperse governance data. As a governance focused software engineer, your role will be to interact with on-chain protocols like Compound, integrate with off-chain protocols like Snapshot and be creative in the ways we interact with other web2/web3 companies and protocols to build a cohesive picture inside the decentralized governance world.
This role will be responsible for expanding our data ingestion across the Ethereum ecosystem and adding to our fleet of micro-services. You’ll be a creative contributor to our processes and decision-making so when we build new features, we can ensure scalability and availability of the entire platform.
What you'll do
- You will be developing systems and APIs (RESTful + GraphQL) that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of both users every day.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for team members that can pivot and adapt to the evolving ecosystem.
- We’re constantly growing and expanding the Governance product suite; you will be able to evaluate and execute on new back-end systems to enable the expansion of our data coverage.
Who you are
- 2+ years experience with modern technologies including GraphQL, NodeJS, Java, and TypeScript
- a desire to work on big complex projects with lots of creative freedom
- a passion for shipping high-quality products
- an interest in the crypto space, and a love for building tools that help users navigate the web3 world
- empathetic and love to help your teammates grow
Projects you could work on
- The OpenZepplin Governor Integration Project will expand our on-chain governance coverage and involve interacting with on-chain smart contracts
- The Voting Metrics Project will explore the creation of new level 2 data around voting, delegation, etc. to provide a better visualization of the voting landscape
- The Treasury Exploration Project will involve constructing a view into what DAO treasuries look like. Providing visibility into holdings, signers, txns and more is becoming increasingly important in the space
What's it like to work with our engineering team?
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle complex problems
- Work with a small team of engineers with large impact across product, research, and business development
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Lab to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
Associate: $135,000 - $155,000
Mid: $150,000 - $185,000
Senior: $195,000 - $200,000 +
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.