We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the Team
The MetaMask browser extension is the world’s most popular ethereum wallet. Our work over the coming years will be defined by five goals. We are striving to build a wallet that is truly:
- Secure, where private keys are safe, phishers are disempowered and users are empowered to make good security decisions
- Accessible, across boundaries such as background, ability, language, location, wealth, or computer literacy
- Extensible, enabling the innovators of the world to permissionlessly add to to the wallets functionality and capabilities
- Social, which leverages peer-to-peer connections of the decentralized web to make the wallet easier, more delightful and more secure to use
- Great to build on for developers of every conceivable dapp
What you’ll do:
- Quickly become familiar with MetaMask and its many use cases
- Perform testing, triage test failures and report bugs
- Write automated end to end tests
- Be a voice for quality, stability, and security in our product development and release processes
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping bug free software to their work
- Collaborate with development team in order to find and fix product issues
- Participate and assist in the release process
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience as a QA Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very good knowledge of testing theory
- Experience testing web applications and APIs
- Excellent analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting issues
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Experience debugging a NodeJs and ReactJS codebase
- Strong experience with open-sources test frameworks, including Selenium/Webdriver, Playwright or Cypress
- Testing browser extensions.
- Blockchain expertise.
You’re a MetaMask user!
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies