Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 190 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
To continue our growth and further position our brand, we are looking for a native English-speaking , high-energy, creative and curious Content Marketing Intern based in Madrid who wants to relish the opportunity to learn from a talented team of content crafters, product gurus, and demand gen wizards.
We exclusively are looking for a native english speaker based in Madrid
This is a 6 month placement. Although we do not guarantee a full-time role after, many successful interns in the past have been made offers for full-time positions. This is the perfect opportunity for a student or recent graduate to have a leading, global SaaS company on their resumé and work in a team of fun, smart and driven individuals.
- Social Media: Using Hubspot and Sketch, you’ll work alongside our team to prepare copy, imagery and video clips to support our campaigns across Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Content Creation: You’ll support content marketing efforts, creating copy for case studies, landing pages, blogs and more.
- Blog Management: Assist with blog management, including uploading blogs to our website and promoting the pieces across social media
- Email Marketing: Assist with launching email marketing campaigns for new content pieces, including writing email copy and using Hubspot to segment and target audiences to get the best open rates out there
- Resource Center & Content Tracking: Assist our Marketing Associate with maintaining and managing our internal content resource center and updating our internal content tracking
- SEO Support: Using our CMS, you’ll work alongside our SEO agency to modify website content and manage tech audits
- Thirsty to learn: you’re passionate about learning new things and curious to learn about our product and customers, as well as new marketing skills and techniques.
- You have a bias for action: you get a buzz out of crossing things off your to-do list, oozing productivity.
- Attention to detail: when you see the wrong fonts or colours on a web page or sales deck you get into a nervous sweat.
- Enthusiastic: you’re upbeat and ready to learn as much as possible during this placement. You don’t get bored by some of the more mundane tasks that work sometimes throws at us.
- Internationally minded: you love working with people in multiple countries around the world.
- No formal experience needed. You just want a first experience of the world of marketing and tech.
- The possibility to sign an agreement (convenio) with your educational institution.
- Some proof that during your studies you’ve shown an interest in marketing and communication (e.g. blogging, online courses, part-time jobs).
- Native-level speaker of English. It doesn’t matter if you don’t speak Spanish - but if you do that’s great! Experience using digital platforms or software.
Bonus points for:
- Experience using a content management system (e.g. Wordpress, Contentful, Joomla).
- Experience using design software (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut or iMovie).
- Experience turning around content against the clock (e.g. in a journalism environment or student newspaper).
- Knowledge of SEO techniques.
- Mentoring from some of the leading B2B marketers in Spain.
- 800 euros per month.
- Monthly team lunches with external speakers coming in to share their knowledge!
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
- For the right candidate we could consider this internship being combined with studies, as we’re open to flexible working hours.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.