The employment of web designers is expected to grow by 8% between the years 2019 to 2029, as the demand for websites for personal use and new businesses grows. So if you're thinking of setting up your website, whether it's for a personal blog, new business adventure, or an online store, you need to know which web design software to use.
How do you know if a web design tool is worth using?
Read on for an in-depth analysis of the top 5 web design software tools. We have included some free applications if you're on a budget and a guide for how to determine if a web design software tool is any good.
Top Four Web Design Software Tools Worth Using
Here's a list of our top four web design software tools and why these tools will meet your expectations when designing your website. These are all different tools intended for varying experience levels and budgets to provide the perfect tool for your needs. It's worth noting too, that there are also lots of software coupons available online that will save you money on your order.
We recommend this web design software for experienced website creators. For beginners, this application may seem quite overwhelming. It has a complex interface that would suit the needs of those looking to create an advanced website but may be beyond the expertise of first-time web creators.
Some of the significant benefits to using Dreamweaver for your website design include:
- It can be integrated tightly with other Adobe applications like Photoshop.
- Dreamweaver offers full support for third-party platforms.
- Dreamweaver allows for responsive site design.
- It provides a full IDE-style code editor with live WYSIWYG editing capabilities.
- You can get real-time previews.
If you're looking to create an enterprise-scale website and have experience writing code and creating websites, this web design software tool will be right up your alley. However, for those with little or no experience, it's best to get started with a tool designed for beginners.
Figma is a web design software tool designed for both small businesses and large enterprises. Like Dreamweaver, there is a high learning curve when using this application, so it wouldn't be recommended to use this software if you're just starting.
Some of the significant advantages to using Figma for your web design include:
- It has UX/UI guideline tools.
- Figma allows developers and designers to work on the same file simultaneously.
- Figma is available as an app or using a web browser.
- Figma has highly interactive prototyping capabilities.
- Figma is free.
For experienced website designers, Figma can offer easier UX/UI design, and the application is free - so there is no downside to giving it a try.
Wix is a popular choice for web design software, as it is excellent for beginners and those just starting with website design. You do not need to know coding to use Wix - it is simply a drag and drop website builder.
Some of the reasons to consider using Wix for your website design needs include:
- Wix has an intuitive editor X interface.
- Wix has numerous widgets.
- Wix offers eCommerce capabilities.
- Wix has hundreds of templates for specific businesses.
- Wix can help you to adapt your site for mobile use.
- Wix offers excellent customer support to talk you through the application.
- There is a free option for using Wix.
The great thing about Wix is that it is accessible for all users, no matter their web design experience. Consider using Wix if you are a beginner, as their customer support and inductions can help you get started.
Sketch is another web design software tool that is recommended for beginners. There is a low learning curve when using Sketch, and the application is quickly surpassing Photoshop as the go-to interface prototyping tool.
Some of the main selling points of Sketch include:
- Sketch has an intuitive interface.
- Sketch has a low learning curve and is suitable for beginners and novices.
- Sketch enables collaboration.
- Sketch works with illustrator assets.
One thing to note if you consider using Sketch to design your website is that it is only available on Mac. So, unfortunately, Windows users cannot get access to this tool.
What To Look For In Design Software Tools
There are ways you can determine if a design software tool is right for you. Your individual preferences matter when choosing a design software tool, and so what's right for someone else may not work for you. Some things to consider when looking for a design software tool include:
- Your experience level - if you're just starting, then you'll need an intuitive interface and software that offers inductions and plenty of customer support.
- Your budget - if you are starting a website for a hobby, you may not be willing to spend money on the endeavor. Before evaluating anything else the web design software offers, you should always look at the price.
Once you have evaluated the best software design tools for your budget and experience, you can start to look at the capabilities and features offered by the software to see if it's a good fit.
If you're looking to create your website, it is key to use a web design software tool that caters to your specific needs. The top 4 web design software tools listed in this article offer you various options based on the learning curve and pricing. So figure out what you're looking for and which tool best suits your needs.